Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2012 02:00

Aurora R4 red light inside

Through AlienFX I have all the leds lit on blue. But there's some light inside the case which is of a redish/orange colour. The serious business comes when I power off the computer, this inside light, inside because it lights the behind of the front panel where the DVD or more like where the Hard disk are, it stays lit.

Only when I take off the power cord from the psu it would turn off. But then again when I power the computer and I search for it behind the blue leds (alienFX) I see it again.

Any ideas? the computer is brand new.

34 Posts

April 19th, 2012 07:00

No one? I'm starting to think that it could be some led that got "glitched", I had some problems at first with the alienFX, it didn't change my leds colour. But how is it not going off when I turn off the PC?

2.4K Posts

April 19th, 2012 10:00

It's ok. It is working like it should. The light is on the MIO and the MIO stays powered up even when it's off.

34 Posts

April 19th, 2012 11:00

Oh, alright then, sorry for not knowing what this MIO is. Also another question comes up to my mind, when I opened the case to see if everything was correct inside, I couldn't find the chipset (usually near the CPU and with a cooler on it) and I also noticed that my motherboard is different than the ones I saw on some videos. The ram is not only on one side next to the CPU but 2-2 (2 in a side and 2 in the other).

Thanks for the feedback :)

34 Posts

April 19th, 2012 12:00

Googled again, I did google the first time but "alienware MIA light" instead of MIO, silly me. Ok now  see it's a board controls the lights, thermals, basically the CC, motorized DVD drive. But I still don't see the point to be lit when the computer is off.

And I would like to know why I have a different motherboard than the ones I've seen around, and also why I cannot find my chipset, it must be somewhere :\ is my motherboard worse or better, basically.

Thanks for the help again.

2.4K Posts

Googled again, I did google the first time but "alienware MIA light" instead of MIO, silly me. Ok now  see it's a board controls the lights, thermals, basically the CC, motorized DVD drive. But I still don't see the point to be lit when the computer is off.

And I would like to know why I have a different motherboard than the ones I've seen around, and also why I cannot find my chipset, it must be somewhere :\ is my motherboard worse or better, basically.

Look up DDR, DDR 2, DDR 3 and then DDR 3 Q memory. Then look up the x58 and then the x79 chipset. Then ask yourself what picture you were looking at. This is just a case of you not understanding what you are looking at.  

The light is on because the MIO is on, regardless of the PC power state. It shows the functionality state of the MIO board.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

The MIO Board stays powered so it can keep it's last config loaded, and start responding as soon as machine is first booted up ... instead of losing it and having to wait until Windows and CommandCenter loads (much later in boot process) to start reacting properly.

Each Aurora Release model has a different chipset and therefore a different motherboard. Your Release-4 is different than a R1, R2, or R3. 

2.4K Posts

Oh, alright then, sorry for not knowing what this MIO is. Also another question comes up to my mind, when I opened the case to see if everything was correct inside, I couldn't find the chipset (usually near the CPU and with a cooler on it) and I also noticed that my motherboard is different than the ones I saw on some videos. The ram is not only on one side next to the CPU but 2-2 (2 in a side and 2 in the other).

Thanks for the feedback :)

Google it. Seems like you have a interest in how it works. I could tell you what it means when the memory is 2 x 2 but whats the fun in that.

34 Posts

April 20th, 2012 13:00

So I have the x79 chipset, right. I have that cooler on top of the cpu but I see that some motherboards also have the "old" chipset below the cpu near the graphic cards.

No Events found!