Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2013 05:00

Aurora R4 reinstall Win7 now fan is going crazy.

I had to reinstall Win7 due to accidentally corrupting explorer.exe and using recovery points didn't work for some reason (yeah I dind't make backups, all of the most import files are stored on cloud so I couldn't care less).

Studying IT I had done my fair share of Win7 installations so it shouldn't have been that hard (which it was due to ridicolous problems that would have never existed with an ordinary PC), the resource CD was not that handy(half wouldn't even install so I downloaded everything through the Dell download driver page.
Everything is in order except for 1 thing which is that my fans are going completely bonkers even though the ambient sensors are giving an average of 24°C each.

The fan depicts going over 2000RPM when the only thing I am doing is downloading a file and the senors still keep on depicting 24°c so am I missing a driver that is not on the download page or do I have to reconfigure the settings somewhere (because I can't seem to touch fan speed in the BIOS).

Update, Ok so I tried to play game and it took 4GB RAM and 12% CPU total (Windows and background tasks included) the System fan started going at 4000RPM.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 16th, 2013 11:00

Clean Install ... See my Favorite Thread #1. Watch driver order.

en.community.dell.com/.../19866250.aspx

Always get your drivers from dell.com . Save for next time.

MIO Board problems? , see:

en.community.dell.com/.../20128296.aspx

June 17th, 2013 12:00

Hi Chrisvn,

Several things may be affecting your computer, checkout this article. Watch this video to reseat the cables mentioned on section #9.

No Events found!