Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2016 00:00

Aurora-R5, Top/front audio jack, static noise, fix

Just purchased Aurora-R5. Front Panel Audio Jack has static noise when a speaker/headphone is plugged in. Also I connected a Dell monitor with DP cable and the audio jack on that also has static noise.

3 Posts

August 27th, 2016 12:00

Same here.  I called the support and they sent a technician the next day to replace the front jack/USB panel (5XMRX Top I/O (input/output) bracket), which fixes the issue.

(The panel is between 1 and 2 in the picture below.)

8 Posts

August 9th, 2016 08:00

I have the same situation !!! But, I was dealing with my other hardware problems :) I did not care at first.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 9th, 2016 10:00

1. Just purchased Aurora R5.

2. Front Panel Audio Jack has static noise when a speaker/headphone is plugged in.

3. Also I connected a Dell monitor with DP cable and the audio jack on that also has static noise.

1. Nice [:)]

First, be sure to try other analog headsets, and verify them all on working system. Some analog ear-buds are MP3-player's FM antenna and tend to not work well for the quality level.

2. Fairly common with legacy analog audio on computers. So lets just say this EFM/EMI .

3. Really? Interesting. And this was the only place speakers were connected? The other was dis-connected? The audio (extracted from only the single DP cable) had static?

What does phone support say? 

Finally, know that moving to USB based digital audio headsets tends to side-step most legacy analog audio issues. 

1 Message

August 27th, 2016 02:00

I have the exact same issue. Problem doesn't seem to go away... tried putting the power cord by itself in a single plug, test other headphones, remove/ reinstall drivers cleanly, new headphones, sound system... nothing works...

This is my second system... these computers seem to be having more issues than they are worth even trying... will contact support ASAP.

Please if anyone else has a solution, post here... I know it is an issue with the front headphone jack because I tested the ones in the back and those work fine...

Thanks!

27 Posts

August 27th, 2016 07:00

Wolvican, What other issues are you having?

27 Posts

August 27th, 2016 07:00

I have the same issue with static noise.  I haven't called tech support yet though, just got the machine this week.

Which power supply did you get?  I got the 460 W PSU.  One of the fans in mine gets really loud when quitting games or going into menus, as if it's trying to get cool really fast once it gets the chance.  It's quiet in the game though.  Do you experience the same issue?

1 Message

December 8th, 2016 19:00

I can confirm I had the same issue, contacted support and they sent someone who fixed it.

Old audio hub cable was flat, seems unshielded AND was pinched under the motherboard instead of travelling nicely in its conduit space. New one is round shielded cable ... not more hiss!!!

No Events found!