Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2016 22:00

Bad service from Dell. First time Alienware customer

i ordered a alienware 17 laptop june 3 2016 and received the laptop fast around june 15. start up the computer and everything looks fine but barely use it because due to work. i work for Air Canada and my shift are crazy 4 days on and off. and finally around june 28th i had a chance to play around with the computer. First i notice my sounds isnt working sometimes or it is distorted  / crackling.   june 3 i called dell for repair so they sent out empty box and i sent the unit june 4th and they received it on th 8th. And now i found out the parts that needs to be replace isnt available till july 22 or later. so i called dell to request unit exchange since the repair and the parts will take longer than ordering new one.  i have been calling dell and until now i dont have answer when im gonna have the unit replace or my credit back to my account asap. ive been passed around so many times on the phone. my first payment is goin out on july 16th and im paying for a product that isnt here. They have the laptop why cant i get the credit asap and order new laptop. they make things complicated. All they say its been escalated already. until now no progress. im a first time alienware customer and im very disappointed. They sell you a product  so quickly and calls you back right away. but then when you have issues like this and they take alot time and always say ill call you by the end of the day and update you. Ive been calling them everyday. i hope a Dell Manager or Supervisor can read this thread and other people. this is unacceptable i had the laptop for 2 weeks only. and my case is open and unsolve for 2 weeks or more???? crazy!

Alienware 17 R3

10 Posts

July 15th, 2016 05:00

Honestly it sounds like making it a bigger deal than it is. I would be disappointed too if I received a new laptop that didn't work, but it happens.  Also you bought it on credit, that was your call. It stinks but you're just going to have to accept parts are on back order and its going to take some time.

901 Posts

July 17th, 2016 10:00

Yes brand new faulty out of the box happens - But that does not excuse Dells poor response.

Regardless of how you paid for it, bottom line is your not getting what you paid for!!!

Refund or replacement with new unit - Nothing less. Call your credit company and tell them you did not receive the item and to place the payment on hold (If it's not Dell Credit).

If your in USA call Better Business Bureau.

If your in UK or AU call consumer affairs.

Don't take no for an answer when you speak with Dell, set a time limit and inform the telephone rep you will be taking action after this time.

Went through the same myself about 2 months ago, Dell AU tried giving me the run around for a refund on a faulty 3 week old laptop, I done exactly what I mentioned above and had my refund confirmation within 2 days.

Good luck

5 Posts

July 17th, 2016 22:00

currently my 30days return policy expires and they said cant refund my credit from dell. so  their telling me its my fault that it took them alot of time to figure things out hahaha. i had the laptop for 2 weeks to be exact and the waiting time  from dell made my 30 days policy expired. isnt that just great? thnks!

3 Posts

July 18th, 2016 06:00

Dell has always been more than helpful for me and I've been a customer for 10+ years. Regardless, I've never been in your exact situation so I am unsure how they would have handled it. If i was you, I would file a dispute with your credit card company if at all possible, make a claim that you received a damaged product. Be sure to let them know you are willing to return the product as well so they wont consider it a fraudulent claim. More often than not, your credit card company should side with you, especially if you give them all the info you just gave us.

10 Posts

July 19th, 2016 07:00

Well this is why I ALWAYS check out anything electronic I get the day its delivered.  I understand people have busy lives however the clock always starts for returns the day its delivered.  So really that is on you.  With that said Dell should not count the time it arrived to them.  Not including the delivery time to them.  In my opinion at least.

Also to Address AndrewSi's post:

The problem here is that he has not actually paid for it yet.  He used Dell credit.  Also Dell is not under any legal obligation to fully replace the whole system.  He just needs to be made whole.  Which would fall under repairing it.

However they may do so for public/customer relations if you push hard enough.

5 Posts

July 19th, 2016 08:00

i understand what you guys saying.  as of right now july 19th i have no updates on my case lol.

Exchange and replacement  is what ive been approved. all want is a date ill be receiving for  my new laptop.

ive been talking to dell reps so far atleast 15 different  persons up to this date on this case.

my 30 days return policy and exchange just expired. and i have no laptop with me and they considered it expired. i had it 2 weeks. and this case is more than when i had the laptop with me lol. and the best part they withdraw the money. on the july 16th.

No Events found!