Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2012 16:00

Bios A07 Aurora R4 download issue

When I try to download the new A07 Bios for my Alienware Aurora R4 from the drivers and downloads section of dell.com a new web page appears saying "Sorry, the requested file could not be downloaded." I have tried with different browsers but that error keeps appearing again and again. Is there another way to download it? Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 29th, 2012 23:00

Hi hashley,

There were issues with the Dell support site it has been rectified. Sorry for inconvenience. You can download the file from the link given below.

http://dell.to/QRfo0s

Please let me know if this helps.

6 Posts

November 30th, 2012 03:00

Thank you very much for your help Ravi. I have followed your link but it issued me errors:

1) when downloading in single-file mode this screen appears http://i49.tinypic.com/kdsk9i.jpg

2) when trying to downlaod it via Dell Download Manager this message keeps popping out http://i46.tinypic.com/wn093.jpg

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

November 30th, 2012 11:00

Hello hashley,

The link is available but the download is not ready yet, it should be ready and working by next week. I apologize for the inconvenience.

5 Posts

November 30th, 2012 13:00

This is all very strange. The A07 download from the Dell drivers & downloads support site worked fine for me.

71 Posts

November 30th, 2012 19:00

I did try all the provided link to download A07. All did not worked including the dell website. can you post the bios ?

1 Rookie

• 

445 Posts

November 30th, 2012 19:00

I have a Aurora R4 with A05 and it's working fine for me. What does A07 improve, and should I install it?. I Will never update to Wnidows 8 and will not be overclocking.

Thanks. Wayne

71 Posts

November 30th, 2012 20:00

R05 is O.K for me before. There is issue on A06 but now A07 is released to correct issues created by A06.

1 Rookie

• 

445 Posts

November 30th, 2012 20:00

Thank you. I will leave mine at A05. I go by the saying "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it."

71 Posts

November 30th, 2012 21:00

yeah....good for you.

5 Posts

December 1st, 2012 09:00

>>I did try all the provided link to download A07. All did not worked including the dell website. can you post the bios ?

My suggestion, like others in the thread, is to stay where you are.  But if you went to A06 --

I went to support.dell.com, put in my service tag, selected "all drivers and downloads for your product" and "BIOS".

This is the link I get:

www.dell.com/.../alienware-aurora-r4

Don't fuss around with download managers, just do the single file download.

In the last resort, try this link

dl.dropbox.com/.../AuroraR4-A07.exe

but you should check the MD5 to make sure the file didn't get munged up:

MD5 posted on the dell site: 614b0f4a019822892371eb47069503dc

And disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your computer, including its melting down into a puddle of silicon and plastic, or your having to peel it off the ceiling after it explodes.

75 Posts

December 1st, 2012 16:00

I'd be cautious - I thought I'd upgrade mine to the latest for Windows 8 and it looks like it's killed it, the machine will no longer boot as it claims there are no bootable devices.  I noticed in the A06 thread someone said A05 worked fine but A06 didn't as it couldn't detect a Crucial SSD so it seems I have hit the same issue with A07.  Very frustrating as now I need to work out how to rollback to A05, I get the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the QA on these bios updates is not very good.

Edit:  Not a Crucial SSD issue, the machine isn't booting with the original drive either.  Hard drive is in the boot order but it only seems to work when I hit F12 and manually choose it, machine has now booted but a graphics card has gone missing.  Just going to try the SSD back in and see what it does.

I guess I should start a separate thread, I had no problems downloading the bios (unfortunately as it turns out) so that issue is resolved.

John

No Events found!