Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 10th, 2013 21:00

Bus controller drivers for Alienware X51.

Does anybody know where I can find the drivers for the SM bus controller and the universal Serial bus controller for a Alienware X51 system?

245 Posts

February 14th, 2013 08:00

you will need to install the renases usb 3.0 controller.  Also available for download from the linl Alienware Pablo provided and you should be good to go :-)

2.4K Posts

February 10th, 2013 21:00

Does anybody know where I can find the drivers for the SM bus controller and the universal Serial bus controller for a Alienware X51 system?

I'm guessing you just did a fresh OS install. The chipset driver should install all that for you and should have been the first thing you installed when booting to windows for the first time.

Read these:

How to install Windows 7 in an Alienware Computer: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=549172&doclang=en&l=en&s=dhs&DoNotRedirect=y  

Alienware Initial Driver Installation: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=536193&DoNotRedirect=y

1 Rookie

• 

57 Posts

February 11th, 2013 08:00

This computer was bought off of Ebay, so the previous owner was the one who reinstalled the OP. sys. When I got the computer, all he gave me was the disc to reinstall the OP. sys. He did not give me the drivers and utilities disc. I've had this computer for a couple months now, so I am guessing  it is too late to install the chipset driver without another reinstall?

245 Posts

February 11th, 2013 09:00

you can easily install the chipset driver at any point.  Just go to the support section for X51 and download it and this should help resolve things for you.  Drivers are posted online for your convenience and for situations just like this :-)

158 Posts

February 11th, 2013 09:00

you can easily install the chipset driver at any point.  Just go to the support section for X51 and download it and this should help resolve things for you.  Drivers are posted online for your convenience and for situations just like this :-)

This is correct ^^, find every driver including the chipset driver here

2.4K Posts

February 11th, 2013 10:00

This computer was bought off of Ebay, so the previous owner was the one who reinstalled the OP. sys. When I got the computer, all he gave me was the disc to reinstall the OP. sys. He did not give me the drivers and utilities disc. I've had this computer for a couple months now, so I am guessing  it is too late to install the chipset driver without another reinstall?

Like others said you can install the chipset driver now.

If it was me though I would reinstall Windows. It's a used system so who knows what the other user has left on it or what changes he has made. It's already clear that he failed to install the chipset driver after installing the operating system. What else could he have left out or not done properly? Heck for all you know there is a keylogger on it sending him all your personal info.

Just saying

3124.23226465.jpg

1 Rookie

• 

57 Posts

February 12th, 2013 14:00

Well I downloaded both chipset drivers, and for some reason the SM bus controller is not even showing at this point. However, the universal serial bus controller is still showing no driver. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on what to do at this point?

No Events found!