Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2013 12:00

Can anyone using X51 tell me about the noise??? I wanna buy a X51.

i've been using m17x for a year.  now im considering changing to a X51.

but i heard X51 has a noise problem. some say there is and some say there isnt. this is confusing me.

m17x's noise is acceptable to me coz its quiet when doing regular work not playing games.  it has some noise when playing games but its ok, i dont expect it to be completely silent when running games.  but its important that it should be silent when not running games.

can anyone tell me about it????

15 Posts

November 11th, 2013 12:00

I purchased a X51 for my wife about a year ago.. 

The noise isn't really an issue to me.  It comes with an external power supply so it helps keep the fan noise low inside the system.  Playing BF4 I noticed the system fan does run a little bit noisier than prior games, but nothing unbearable.    Like I said, if I notice the noise, it's during gaming and usually only with very demanding games, just a tad bit of fan noise.    I

15 Posts

November 11th, 2013 13:00

It comes with the original purchase. 

3 Posts

November 11th, 2013 13:00

I purchased a X51 for my wife about a year ago.. 

The noise isn't really an issue to me.  It comes with an external power supply so it helps keep the fan noise low inside the system.  Playing BF4 I noticed the system fan does run a little bit noisier than prior games, but nothing unbearable.    Like I said, if I notice the noise, it's during gaming and usually only with very demanding games, just a tad bit of fan noise.    I

thank you. the external power supply you mentioned comes with original purchase or you bought it yourself for reducing the noise???  I think I should buy one.

3 Posts

November 11th, 2013 18:00

I use it mostly for work, and it is not noisy at all. So far the only problem I have is the front USB ports not working, but I am waiting on an answer to see how can I make them work.

No Events found!