Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2015 18:00

Cant move apps/games into the data storage (D:) on Alienware 17 R3

I recently got an Alienware 17 R3 with 1TB of storage, and has Windows 10. I have used all 106GB of storage on the OS (C:) drive with apps/games. I am unable to move the applications into the Data (D:) drive, or install applications to it. This is a major problem because it limits me from the 1TB of storage, down to 106GB. Please help resolve this problem.

314 Posts

January 1st, 2016 09:00

ok so you ran out of space on your c: boot drive (SSD). You can't simply drag and drop games folder into one drive to the other. What do you mean you can't install new games into drive? That doesn't make any sense. Can you printscreen or record video and upload into youtube?

26 Posts

January 1st, 2016 12:00

I just got one recently as well. When I first got it, the ability to move apps to the D: drive was greyed out. Did you check for updates? I believe once I updated, the D: drive was selectable again. For games already installed, If you are using Steam its a bit trickier than simply moving a folder but all of the information is available on the site. That being said, in Windows 10, my laptop still "thinks" some games are on C: even though file manager clearly shows they aren't. And, they still work fine. Also, change your settings in Steam to make D: the default drive for installation.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2017 01:00

thankyou for your help.

No Events found!