Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2016 08:00

Completely stuck and totally new to all this - No internet access at all

I bought my son an alienware Alpha last week and all was fine until the last couple of days where no matter how many times we reboot it, the wifi option has stopped showing and even with it hard wired to the router it won't connect. I can't update drivers as I have no internet, I cant reinstall anything as have no internet. I'm going round in circles. It is also denying me access to device manager?????? Helpful - not!

I am a mum and have no idea what I am doing, I didn't want him to have this stupid computer but he can't get the games he wants on our mac. I am worried ive wasted £700 on junk.

Please help.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 14th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

You can try a system restore, to choose a restore point, follow the below steps:

1. From the Start menu, type: Restore in the Search programs and files dialog box.
  2. From the list of results, click System Restore.
  3. In the System Restore window, click Next.
  4. From the list of restore points, select the Date and Time you wish to restore from. Click Next and then click Finish.

Also, you can install drivers by using another computer and downloading them to a USB KEY, then use the USB KEY to install the drivers on the Alienware system.

You can get the drivers here.

No Events found!