Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2014 15:00

Computer shutdown abruptly and will not turn on

I purchased an Alienware X51 on 09/04/2013, on 09/26/2014 while on the computer it abruptly shut off and will not come back on. Upon talking to customer support they advised that the computer was out of warranty by 20 days! (20 Days). I advised them that the computer was ordered on 09/04/2013 but due to it being in production I did not even receive the computer until October 2013.

I was basically told that I was out of luck, and that the problem was probably my motherboard. I have been a Dell customer for over 20 years and have purchased no fewer then 8 Desktops and 1 Alienware laptop.

I ask you should a motherboard go up on a computer this soon knowing how much I paid for the computer. And I cant believe that this is how you treat a loyal customer. if I don't get some assistance I will certainly will not purchase another computer from Dell and I certainly will not recommend Dell to my friends and co-workers. My service tag is #  and my express code is . My email address is .

My question simply put is will Dell do the right thing and assist a loyal Dell customer and do what is right by him.?

7 Posts

September 26th, 2014 16:00

if your warranty is out they don't touch it.

I think they are wrong do some testing with your GPU :-) its a common problem for AW laptops, im not saying it is the GPU but I'd say do some testing first before looking into a new mobo.

2 Posts

September 27th, 2014 05:00

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to read post and for your advice. Just wondering if you can let me know how to test it or know if It is the GPU? I ordered it with the upgrade Nvidia.

if I unplug the power cord and put it back in and attempt to turn the computer on, the side lights flash real quickly and the fan runs for about half a second then nothing. Thought that info might help.

No Events found!