Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2015 10:00

Dealing with a BSOD crash related to nvlddmkm.sys, and wondering is 29 c temps normal ?

Basically with a checking for over heating being 29c  after running system checkup :

GeForce GTX 770
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz 
8.00 RAM (7.92 GB usable) 
1920 x 1200, 59Hz 
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 

I've been getting BSOD's from  nvlddmkm.sys, Nvidea is pointing the issue at :

and hoping to track down if its over heating 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

October 5th, 2015 15:00

Hi, 

29C is actually pretty low, definitely not overheating but you could run a video card stress test to see how high the temperatures goes while the card is being stressed. Follow the steps below to run the video card stress test. Did you try reinstalling the video card drivers? 

• Open Support Assist
  • Click on the Checkup option
  • Click run custom scan
  • Click on the Nvidia GTX 770 card
  • Select the Stress Test option

Let us know how it goes. 

327 Posts

October 5th, 2015 16:00

enter in safe mode, and uninstall applications like msi afterburner or whatever related with OC programs. then reboot normally. If this doesn't work, uninstall your graphics card driver in safe mode again and install another version that work normally with you :) i had this problem yesterday and i managed uninstalling msi afterburner  :)

9 Posts

October 5th, 2015 21:00

Thanks, I was wondering if 29 c was okay for the temp that it was normally at just sitting on the desktop, the worry was that I'd had it for 3 years and never opened it due to not wanting to void the warranty which is done now and I have a cat, so I just did the outside and cleaned the away any cat hair or dust.

I did a the  system checkups list and did the extended test where it rolls thru all the spaceships that kinda look like brow mole creatures black makings and it passed and rand a full virus check that took about 4 hours and on my own tried to reinstall the drivers from the control panel that froze t he whole system. so once it came back and after another extended check it passed and I wrote the first post I update the drivers with the GEForce Experience software.

Just going thru the next steps and checking for over heating 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

October 8th, 2015 14:00

Thanks for confirming this. Let us know how it goes. 

9 Posts

October 25th, 2015 12:00

It's been working fine the problem went away until just a few moments ago and the nvlddmkm.sys showed up again when it was fine just yesterday night the only thin that changed was a windows update and the windows 10 task bar ad force reinstalling itself in the last update from Microsoft for some reason, even though I left it be and stayed on win 7.

I've tried to call Dell support but they only responded to find out of I wanted to extend my warranty and after I asked for a price no response, I don't have a lot of money and I just want the PC to keep working so I can't pay hundreds of dollars for a warranty,

No Events found!