Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2015 00:00

Dell Alienware Alpha Beep Before Shutdown/power off/LED off

Dear Support,

Kindly note that I am lately facing a weird issue with my new Alienware Alpha i7 version. The machine is working smoothly, however, when shutting down the machine (start>shutdown) the alpha shutdown process goes well until the moment when the machine is finalizing the shutdown a small long beep is heard right before the power disconnect and LEDs are off.

This issue is totally new as i didn't face it before.

In addition, all windows updates / dell updates are the latest.

Please advise,

Regards,

Nadim D.

• 

2.7K Posts

March 30th, 2015 15:00

Try doing a power drain to the system following this instructions and let me know if that helps you fixing the issue.

-          Shutdown Alpha.

-          Disconnect the ac adapter.

-          Hold the power button for 30 seconds.

-          Reconnect the Ac adapter and turn on.

April 1st, 2015 08:00

Thats odd I'm haveing the exact same issue and I get the same beep like once every couple days when my system is idle I have the i7 model as well I have read on other fourms that this isn't a isolated issue aparently its the i7 model that does this.

3 Posts

April 2nd, 2015 03:00

Hey,

I've tried the solution provided by Dell and seems it's working fine.

What i also did is, when shutting down your machine, remove the power plug from the alienware so it won't deliver any unneeded power circuit. 

Cheers,

1 Message

July 23rd, 2015 12:00

hi, i already tried this suggestion, but my alienware alpha i3 doesn't power on. If you have any other option regarding on my problems please reply in this comment. Thank you.

3 Posts

July 24th, 2015 00:00

Hi SKETZO,

I will try to assist you as much as I know as you have to contact Dell support directly.

But as a troubleshooting:

did you double checked the power source?

is the adapter working fine?

Can you try to replace the 2nd end of your adapter (from power socket to adapter 3 pins)

Hope that will help. let me know if any worked.

Regards,

Nadim.

No Events found!