Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 18th, 2012 16:00

Dell Non Support

I have 3 Dell computers. They say the only guarantees in life is death and taxes. Well for me there's a third. I can guarantee I've bought my last Dell. I've
been waiting since the 7th of January for a video card.

The problem started on the 7th. My Alien beeped 6 times at startup. The beep codes indicated that the problem was a video card. I reseated the card and 6 beeps. I called Dell support where a Dell tech told me I have a bad motherboard. Even though I insisted it was video card, he insisted it was a motherboard so he shipped a motherboard. I had a tech respond to install the motherboard. The tech arrived with the motherboard on the 10th. That's Dell next business day
service. After installing the motherboard guess what, 6 beeps.

I called a few hours later to make sure they understood that I just needed the video card shipped. I was told that yes the video card would ship later today.

I had the card shipped to my work place. On the 11th that's the next day around midday I called our receiving department and they said that both FedX and UPS had already delivered and there wasn't a package for me.

After work I called Dell support and was told the card was on back order and wouldn't ship until sometime next week. Ok, that was on the 11th. On Friday the 13th I received a call from Dell. The tech informed me that the card would be on back order for the next 1 to 2 months. But, they said that I could select from 2
cards. One was in stock and the other card would be in next week. I told the tech I wanted the card that was in stock. He informed me that I would receive
the card on Tuesday the 17th or Wednesday 18th.

Tuesday the 17th I received a call from Dell wanting me to confirm that I would be available so they could send a tech out to put the card in. Remember I didn't
need a tech. I called Dell to find out why they were sending me a tech and to tell them that I didn't need a tech. Dell told me to receive my card on
Wednesday the 18th the tech had to bring the card. If not they would have to cancel the current service call and submit a new one. And that would take an
extra day or two to receive the card. I asked if the service tech could just exchange the cards and they said that would be fine.

Before I left work on Wednesday the 18th I call the dispatch number Dell provided. They told me they hadn't contacted me because they hadn't received the part. After I got home I called Dell again. I was told we're sorry. Wish I had a dollar for every time I've been told that by Dell. I talked to a supervisor and
she said she talked to whoever and was told the card would ship today and I should receive it tomorrow the 19th or Friday the 20th.

An hour and a half later I received a call from Dell informing me that my video card was on back order and they would receive it on Friday he 20th and should
receive it by Tuesday the 24th.

I have been lied to so many times. On the 16th I even received an e-mail from Dell stating "Hopefully this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.”
Does anyone at Dell even know what they’re doing. How can one person be given so many different stories. How does Dell stay in business? Do a Google search on Dell support. There are stories just this all over the web. Ask for a corporate number and you'll be told we don't have that. The only time you can talk to someone that can speak English is when you call to order a computer.

Maybe that's what people who are dissatisfied can do. Call their sales numbers and pitch a bitch. Call their corporate sales or government sales. They all speak English. Maybe after they get so many complaint calls someone will take notice.

Hope you're have a better year the I am,

Paul

No Responses!
No Events found!