Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 2nd, 2010 18:00

Desktop Beta Command Center 2.6.1

I need some guys to test this. Your notes will go straight to the engineers. Provide the following -
(1) Desktop Model
(2) How was it installed?
* I installed it directly over the old version
* I removed the old version, restarted the PC and installed 2.6.1
(3) Issues encountered

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

can you tell us what changed / fixed?

I can test it on pc in my sig, i built a 2nd copy of windows 7 just to install control center since it seems to mess with ATI CCC.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

can you tell us what changed / fixed?

* Nope. All I got was the file and the request to post it. Maybe tomorrow.

2.4K Posts

(1) Desktop Model:  Area 51
(2) How was it installed?   I first installed it directly over the old version. After the issues listed below I fully uninstalled it along with deleting the program folders and did a freash install.
(3) Issues encountered: 

1)When trying the use the Flare Vents On Events Startup I ran into all kinds of trouble. First off it flat out didnt work. Then after you try it the entire Active Venting Tab where all the settings are disappears. I then rebooted the pc and the tab came back. Opened a program that I have it set to and again it did nothing and the tab once again disappeared. To get the Active Venting tab to return you have to kill the Thermal App and restart it.

2) Open Vent When System Fan Exceeds % still doesn't work. Setting it at 1% or 100% does nothing at all. The vents stay at the half open position. This has never worked on any version.

Edit: 3) 3 times in the last two days when I booted up my comp I got an AlienFX message stating AlienFX was off when it was really on. To fix it I had to uncheck and then recheck the Enable 3rd Party AlienFX Access. The Green eyes on the alien head were grey when I got the message but I was able to change all the lights. It seems like it was a bogus message.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

This version now shows all 3 temp sensors for the Area 51.

I do not know if this is an issue or intended but when you open it it does not do full screen like the older versions. It has windows mode or full screen with taskbar showing.

I will edit this post if I run into any issues.

Right clicking the Alien Head brings up a new option called Quick Change that lets you set the system colors on the fly.

When you shutdown the vents close soon as you hit the shut down button. Lights turn off when you get the shutting down Windows screen. From a Cold boot the vents open up right away,fans run 100% for 2-3sec then return to normal. At the Windows is starting screen the lights come on.

Have not seen any of my lights flash with this..knock on wood.

265 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 19:00

1.) Desktop Model - Area 51 ALX

2.) How it was installed - Uninstalled from Control Panel, and deleted folder in program files and deleted any saved themes.

Issues Encountered - So far, the same as morblore. I havent tested the Open Vents @ certain percentage yet. Will test and report back.

Also to note, that I used to have a problem with the vents randomly opening and closing while idling, and that problem is no longer present with this version.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 2nd, 2010 20:00

(1) Aurora (X-58)
(2) I uninstalled the old version, restarted the PC, installed 2.6.1 (Beta x10), and rebooted again.
(3) none

Noticed during install:
Dot Net 4 Framework is required
Master IO Filter Driver (HID) added to Device Manager
MIO Board was flashed from 1.02.04 to 2.01.04

New Features (just some):
Sub-apps now run without UAC prompt
Can run Windowed or full screen
AlienFX includes options to Import and Export profile
CPU Pump reports "Running" instead of actual RPM (good ?)

Other Observations:
Devices and Printers "device" is now called "Gaming Desktop" (instead of G2 Desktop)
Even though MIO-Board was flashed higher, still seems to work with old A08 version.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2010 21:00

on my 2nd windows

installed over

required .net 4 to be installed

up mio bios

noticed new features; also the lag on startup was gone, ie no more waiting for network card to be available.

on game copy of windows

installed fresh

didnt up the bios ( guess it detected it was already done?)

265 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 21:00

More notes:

Normally, my system only ramped up the fans once, and the lights would come on upon pressing the power button. Usually, I get the initial fan spin ups, a slowdown once the Alien BIOS screen shows, then a second fan spin up to start the lighting and finish loading the BIOS.....

Now, when I start up the system, I get the fans spinning up loud, and immediately following the spindown, they spin right up again (at this point before, there would be a 5 second gap). My lights load way after my fans roar up for some reason. I also get another fan spin up when I hit the logon screen.......

Also, when I shut the system down, the vents and lights turn off before the system actually shuts down. Before, after the system was turned off and you hear the HDD clicking off, then the lights and vents would close. Now it shuts off right about after I click shutdown and the apps close in the taskbar.

Still looking for more changes. You come across anything I missed morblore? LOL.

190 Posts

December 3rd, 2010 17:00

Aurora ALX

Installed over older version

NO issues , the vents open and close like they should. Opening Zune no longer cuts off led's

Bios A10

6 Posts

December 4th, 2010 10:00

Also, I now get a message that say "Door Controller Not Working". I assume this is because I have an Aurora and not an Area-51.

6 Posts

December 4th, 2010 10:00

Same as Flotown. Except I'm running A08

Thank you for fiximg the Zune conlict!!!!

159 Posts

December 4th, 2010 11:00

Area 51 ALX Installed Over Latest Version Issues: Sadly, OUTLOOK 2007 New mail notification still does not work Comments: Board flashed to 2.01.04 I like the quickchange profile since I keep all zones on the same color, but other profile still available Fonts seem clearer - nice I like the full screen/window option Start up and shut down fin and light sequence seems to work well/better. Still get "No board detected" frequently on AlienFX tester Predefined themes are interesting, but TACTx keyboard and mouse are excluded. AlienFX opens in normal settings mode, if you make a change, such as clicking enable advanced settings, you cannot save to default quickchange profile (read-only) The On Launch (upper right corner) seems to have no effect?? Maybe I'm missing something there.... CPU pump shown as "running" but no speed.... 3 sensors back I did not "test" the open fin on XX% as I keep mine at 50% or 100% all the time Generally, I like it...well done

18 Posts

December 4th, 2010 16:00

Do the vents now close prior to shutdown or do they remain open?

18 Posts

December 4th, 2010 17:00

1. Aurora ALX

2. Installed over the top of current version

-had to install .net framework 4.0

-prompted to accept install of Dell/Alienware HID driver during install. Probably should be hidden from the user

-Thanks to engineering for making the vents close during the shutdown sequence. This should have been their behaviour since day 1.

159 Posts

December 4th, 2010 22:00

I noticed something new/odd.... When I restart, the alien head changes to morphing/pulsating yellow color fo a short time during startup but before alienfx loads. all other zones are dark, fins are in the position of my theme. I have Alien fusion sleep turned off...I have no color combination that includes yellow. After a short period of time, my theme takes effect and all is good.

18 Posts

December 4th, 2010 23:00

saw the pulsating yellow issue on first boot after installing but haven't noticed it since.

No Events found!