Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2015 00:00

Did not receive dell e-gift card

Hello everyone,

I'm here to share my experience with dell and its customer support.

I ordered my alienware 17 r2 2015 on 17th July and got it delivered on July 24th. Delivery was hassle free I have no complaints about it and also got the 240W PSU without any problem I thank Dell for that.

When I ordered the laptop I was told by the customer care executive that I'd be receiving a 5% promo e-gift card within 20 days from the date of invoice. I was quite happy since i was going to get a free $100 gift card. Now the problem begins!

On August 5th I called customer care since I still hadn't received the gift card. He told me that it would take 20 days from the date of invoice. He said that I'd be getting the gift card on or before 14th August. I waited till 14th August. No gift card. Then i wrote an e-mail to customer care saying that i hadn't received it even after 20 days. It's been two days now since i wrote that e-mail no one has responded to it. I'm really disappointed with Dell. They always brag about how good Dell's support is but they do this to their loyal customers!

66 Posts

August 16th, 2015 23:00

If you think it is bad now - don't let your warranty run out.  As soon as it does there appears to be no customer support at all.  Try to send an email question and all you get is an automated referral to the FAQ pages.  Mind  you, one only decides to send an email questionnaire if one cannot locate the answer in the FAQ pages.  Best of luck with your $100 gift card.

Pedro21

No Events found!