7- Gold

Re: Disappointed and Distressed

Hi Motivatedhero,

Wow, sorry to hear about that. Given the original purchased model and Dell's offer to replace your system on multiple occasions, I really think they made more than a good faith effort, but in fact your requirements changed. So my recommendation would be to make the most of the current system.

0 Kudos
motivatedhero
1 Nickel

Except if you read I noted that I had already sent the system into them.  I no longer have the computer because I was told to send it back to them in order to get my refund.  So now I do not have my refund or my system...  I have nothing.  I basically got ripped off.

0 Kudos
peterdollery
2 Bronze

7 replacement computers according to you, and you only paid for the original one?, and SIX YEARS ago you paid 2500?

Not bad.

Nice job on the keywords too.

If I were Dell, I would investigate you for fraud. Something smells about your entire story in my opinion.

You should have replaced your own power supply and been happy.

judging by the vary articulate manner in which you wrote your post, I cannot believe you would do something so as to ship both items back in one box, just to save 10 bucks shipping or whatever. You HAD to know there was a 50% chance they would scam, er, scan the wrong label.

So 6 years of using Dells computers and now you want your money back too?

Best of luck.

M14X R1, April 12

M14X R2, Nov 12

XPS M1730, April 09.

0 Kudos
motivatedhero
1 Nickel

Peter,

I understand what you are thinking regarding the fact that I have had 7 computers in 5-6 years which I paid $2500 for only one of them however, put yourself in my shoes.  I will go into small detail for you so you get a better picture of my "fraud" as you stated.

I have had 18 - 20 repair visits to my home where my children reside.  <TOU Violation>  Also may I add that out of the 12-15 different people I would say only a few actually knew what they were actually doing. I say this because 90% of them had to call in for assistance to take a part the computer. Dell and alienware should spend less time making a flashy computer and make them a bit more tech friendly or at least offer some training to those they send out to their customers houses.

The other thing I must bring up is nearly every single repair contained refurbished parts. Again its no small wonder why things never seemed to work and if they did it was quickly broken again a few weeks to a few months after the repair was complete which resulted in yet another visit from those wonderful techs.

You also have to understand I didn't ask for all these new computers the 2 times I did ask for a replacement directly was because I had multiple people at my house doing multiple repairs replacing the same items replaced in the previous repair. I simply just wanted a computer that would work for at least 1 year. Now with that being said I am not going to lie and tell you that I am not rough with my computers because I am. I push my computers to their limits as I do a tremendous amount of video editing, graphic design and I do some pretty serious gaming. I take my computer with me to the different tournaments, gaming hubs and friends houses when I do game. So there is a lot of traveling being done with my computer. If you are wondering why I chose to get a dell/alienware computer the answer is very simple, their warranty. Knowing good and well that I do push my computers pretty hard I got a pre-built for the simple fact that they would warranty any items that malfunctioned. However, buying a pre-built seems to have provided me more problems then relief even with the warranty especially since I couldn't just go to the store that day and replace parts as I would have normally done with computers I built.

Please understand I asked them to give me a new power supply vs accepting their offer to just refund my original purchase but they told me I would have to purchase a power supply from them. Why in <TOU Violation> name would I give them $230 for a power supply when they were suppose to send me a comparable model to the computer they replaced it with. Meaning I was promised 2 x GTX 580's in a pre-built Aurora R4 that would have the necessary upgrades to ensure it would be able to run those graphic cards and additional components included with the computer. Its like you going out and buying a Porsche with this awesome engine and upgrades but instead of giving you a car battery that would run the vehicle they give you a "Triple A" battery and then they tell you to give them $250 more you can have the battery designed for the Porsche. Granted $250 compared to an $80,000 car is not a lot of money but I am sure you understand what I am saying and if not then you will never understand what I have and am currently going through. Using that same analogy they then offer you the money back from the purchase. They send you a driver to drive the car back. You include all things they gave you in the trunk of the car. They then get back the vehicle but tell you all they received was the items located in the trunk and not the actual car. So now they have your car but "can't locate it" and they have your money but they tell you that your account is on "hold" until they get the car back. How can they have gotten the items in the trunk but not the actual car?

That is my situation. They are saying they have the graphic cards that I needed to return that were in the same box as the computer they wanted back but not the actual computer.

As far as my shipping method at the time it wasn't to "save money" for package materials in truth I thought that if I put everything in 1 box there would be less of a chance anything being lost in transport to them. 2 different packages gives me a 50% chance of something being lost or misplaced and since both returns were going to the same location I thought it would be easier for them to have everything in 1 big box containing everything and anything they needed to release the hold from my account then to have multiple boxes to have to track down. I realize the mistake of this but regardless THEY HAVE the computer and the graphic cards they needed to refund my computer.

Now need I remind you I have had multiple replacements and a solid history of never have any issues getting my returned products back to them. Also understand I wasn't the one that suggested they return my original purchase amount in fact all I wanted was the upgrade to my power supply so I could run the graphic cards I was given by dell.

So now I am without a computer that I spent $2541 on and I am without my money. <TOU Violation>. I have requested that they send back the computer I sent them or they send me my refund. At this point I would be happy with either.  So to answer your question.

So 6 years of using Dells computers and now you want your money back too?

No I didn't expect it until they offered it to me and when they offered it to me I was just as shocked as you are now. However, I accepted the offer just like any one would have and provided them my part of the deal. All I am asking now is they hold up their end of the deal and sadly they aren't.

0 Kudos
89fordprobee
4 Beryllium

okay you mess up to try and save dell money (don't know why but why not try) and you get the run around  at the moment anyway

complaining about 20 repairs and 7 systems in 5 years.. man thats not to bad i had 4 systems and 15 visits IN 6 MONTHS!, in the end i got a NEW replacement system not a refurb (it actually had all the plastic covering and certain sw features only found on new not refurb)  and i didnt even turn it on just sold it off for 300 more then my ORIGINAL system costed and got a desktop system (used core 2 quad extreme and a new acer laptop for when i am about)

anyway goodluck with getting this resolved im surprised you was offered a refund just to bad your getting the run around at the moment

P.S. thanks for not deleting i removed the TOU  and cleaned it up although i didnt think it wasagainst tou

Alienware X51 R3 

M18X R2  🙂  (again)  

Inspiron 11 Flip , Studio 1535 ,Inspiron 6400

Previous Systems:

M18X R2, M17X R2 ,M17X R1, XPS M1730 & M1530, Inspiron 17R

Posting Tips:
- Always provide machine make, model, specs and software versions.
- Click the button if we answered your question.

I answer questions here, but
I'm not a Dell employee.

0 Kudos

This thread is locked as per directions due to the many TOU Violations and the content. The issues are being looked into by several departments here at Dell.

0 Kudos
motivatedhero
1 Nickel

Again me putting items in a single box wasn't just to save dell money. It was to make tracking a single package which had everything in it easier for them and also making it easier to ensure my account was cleared up because they wouldn't have to track down several packages to get the same stuff that I was able to put in 1 package.

I still haven't heard anything regarding a resolution.  I am hoping to at least get a call letting me know they are investigating this so I know they are at least trying to work on it.

0 Kudos
motivatedhero
1 Nickel

Hey Chris,

Can you please let me know what violations there are against the TOU so I know in the future but also so I can correct the violations?

Thanks,

-Josh

0 Kudos

The violations were already replaced with -

<TOU Violation>

Just look in your past post for that comment.

0 Kudos
motivatedhero
1 Nickel

Hmm.... I see.   I will have to review the TOU a bit closer the next time I write something. 

Thanks for the changes made.  

***Update*** I still have not received any follows up from any of the folks I have emailed.  I have emailed them once a day since saturday and no one has responded back to me (along with several attempts prior to that).  It is obvious that I am not going to get anywhere.   With that being said does anyone know if I have any rights regarding my situation?  Currently,  Dell has my computer and my refund neither of which they will give to me. 

I have email correspondence from the Dell Advisor stating I would be getting a refund.  I also have email history showing that I have been sending them email nearly every day trying to get an update.  All of which have been ignored.  

Does anyone know if the better business bureau handles these types of cases and if so is it worth contacting them?  Does anyone know any of the legal or filing expenses if I can bring my case to them? 

Any advice would be great.    Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos