Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 13th, 2012 11:00

Does a M17x R4 with a 120hz display automatically come with a built-in IR emitter? (no 3D Bundle purchased)

Folks,

I'm looking to buy on eBay a "new in box" M17x R4 with a 120hz display - but listed without 3D glasses.  The computer is unopened and apparently purchased with the 120hz display but without the nVidia 3D bundle.  (Apparently, this was an option some time ago as this is no longer an option on the Dell website.)

My question is:  Does the 120hz display come with an IR emitter and can I get 3D gaming by buying only the 3D glasses?

Or would I be stuck with just a 120hz display with no IR emitter and have to buy the nVidia 3D bundle kit including glasses and external IR emitter.

I would much prefer the internally installed IR emitter to save items to pack when I travel with my laptop.  (Yes, I'm planning on hauling this heavy load around with me!)

Since I can't find the configuration option for purchase just the 120hz display, I'm having trouble finding out if the display has the IR emitter.  Any help from the group would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 16th, 2012 16:00

Based on the part number scrub, the 3D LCD Emitter and 3D LCD Emitter  cable are part of the 17.3-inch WideFHD 1920 x 1080 120Hz LCD. But the Nvidia 3D Vision Glasses Kit is not part of it. So he could have purchased the 3D LCD but not the Glasses.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 13th, 2012 13:00

vrijheidsamen,

Send me the service tag number via private message and I can look to see if the Emitter and Emitter cable are on the invoice.

WWKT6 3D LCD Emitter Cable
XX7CM 3D LCD Emitter
JXVT0 3D Vision glasses kit + USB cable

October 16th, 2012 14:00

I asked the seller for the Service Tag and they were unwilling because of a concern about fraud.  I appreciate your offer to check for me though.

14 Posts

October 16th, 2012 16:00

I recently did a lot of research into 3D monitors and glasses.  From what i know, it really depends on the monitor.  Some like my Asus have the integrated IR.  Others do not.  Do you know the brand on the monitor?

October 16th, 2012 22:00

The built-in M17x R4 laptop display is just described as 120hz.  I couldn't tell you the specific LCD manufacturer.  The question is whether the bezel (display frame) includes the D emiiter.  Chris M described the part numbers for the emitter and emitter cable.

207 Posts

May 31st, 2013 09:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                                                                                      

No Events found!