Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2015 13:00

Factory Resetting M14 Laptop

I am doing a factory reset for a M14x laptop, but the thing is, there is only an OS CD (Windows 7) and not a software CD for Alienware. Not even sure it came with one or if it was already installed.

Anyways, I am wanting to factory reset this laptop numerous reasons, but I am worried if I reset it all of the drivers and Alienware programs on here will not work afterwards. I read one or two horror stories about people factory resetting theirs and ending up with just an Alienware logo and Windows 7 with no extra Alienware software like the command center etc.

I would appreciate any help or advice, or just the knowledge that things will still be okay after resetting it.

• 

2.7K Posts

March 18th, 2015 11:00

If you perform an Alienrespawn the system will go back to factory settings (with all programs and drivers), if you perform a clean installation of windows with the CD you have then you will need to install of the drivers but you can find then in the support website. If you need a guide on how to perform a clean installation of windows check out this article.

No Events found!