Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2015 11:00

Free copy of “Metal Gear Solid V” with this GPU

Will my free copy of “Metal Gear Solid V” that I get with the GPU show up in my dell digital downloads or do I have to redeem the offer somewhere?

Thank you,

4 Posts

August 29th, 2015 17:00

I can confirm that you should receive an email from Dell with a link to redeem your code. You will then enter the code on nvidia's site. I am not positive if you have to have a Steam account, but I created one and then activated the game through Steam. It doesn't have an install button yet, but should come Sept. 1st.

4 Posts

August 29th, 2015 19:00

And yes, it was in the Dell digital downloads section.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 25th, 2015 11:00

Hi. 

I believe you will receive an email from Nvidia to redeem the code but we recommend you try posting this on the Nvidia forums or contact them directly to confirm the process. This promotion is being offered by Nvidia. 

1 Message

August 29th, 2015 15:00

If you read the NVidia forums it says that the codes are being given out by the retailers, aka dell, not NVidia themselves. Nvidia should have supplied dell, or alienware if you will, with the code so that dell may then give the code to whomever purchases the gpu.

I also just bought an alienware computer and I have no idea where or how i'm supposed to get this code for my copy of metal gear solid. If dell, alienware, and NVidia are going to advertise a free copy of metal gear solid you would think you guys would know how we as consumers are supposed to get the code rather than referring us to other forums to ask there. That's not very good technical support imo.

If you could find an answer to how we actually get the code that would be greatly appreciated.

2 Posts

August 29th, 2015 18:00

Papahowz how long did it take for you to get the email after purchasing your system?

Thanks

4 Posts

August 29th, 2015 19:00

It arrived the evening after I received my system. I ordered it on Aug. 16, and received the system on Aug. 27. I actually got on a chat session with Dell to find out how to get my free copy of MGS and they said you need to wait 3-5 days after receiving the system for the email to arrive, but I received the email that night. Not sure if it was due to my chatting with them or if it would have arrived anyway.

12 Posts

August 29th, 2015 20:00

Mine came with Steam Pre-Loaded I logged in with my account and it automatically added Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes for me.

4 Posts

August 30th, 2015 14:00

I bought my system from Micro Center in MD. It came with a GTX 980 so it should be eligible for the game as well. I've read that you can go to the preloaded steam icon but I tried that and no MGS5 also I've never received an email from dell about it either.

Please advise.

No Events found!