Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2013 16:00

GTX 770 SLI in Aurora R4... Will it fit, keep cool and have enough power?

So, I have the Alienware Aurora r4, currently running the GTX 560 Ti. I'm looking to upgrade, and I want to put in 2 of the new GTX 770's. My question is, will they overheat? I'm gonna be running 3 monitors, and I want to know if not only the power supply can handle these cards, but also if the cooling system will be good enough. I know it's liquid cooled, but that's about it. Also, I think the power suply is 850 watts. Is that enough? Thanks so much in advance.

2.4K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 18:00

So, I have the Alienware Aurora r4, currently running the GTX 560 Ti. I'm looking to upgrade, and I want to put in 2 of the new GTX 770's. My question is, will they overheat? I'm gonna be running 3 monitors, and I want to know if not only the power supply can handle these cards, but also if the cooling system will be good enough. I know it's liquid cooled, but that's about it. Also, I think the power suply is 850 watts. Is that enough? Thanks so much in advance.

Hi,

Your R4 should run them just fine. The 850w PSU is good enough and the heat shouldn't be too bad. At worst you may need to bump up the PCI fan or run a custom fan curve. Just make sure you get a card that exhausts the heat out of the rear instead of into the case.

7 Posts

June 5th, 2013 11:00

Thank you so much :)

1 Message

July 10th, 2013 15:00

Hello I am just wondering if the cards fit fine because i am wanting to SLI 2 GTX 770 WindForce 3x OC versions and i dont know if they will both fit.

7 Posts

July 10th, 2013 16:00

Hey, in my case they fit fine, it's kind of a close fit, and they do generate quite a bit of heat, one of them hit 96°. The ones you're getting are bigger if I'm correct. They should fit though. And if you order them from a site like newegg they have dimensions of the cards. Just make sure you have sufficient cooling. Best of luck!

No Events found!