Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

September 8th, 2014 00:00

General failure with Allienrespawn on Allienware m17x-R4

It's a long story and I am hopeless now,so please help me,much appreciated....

At first ,i encountered some serious delay on plug-in internet connection with my Allienware m17x..

Then after searching for every solutions,it didnt help to resolve it,so I decide to use Allienrespawn to recover.

As usual,after log in and select the Factory Image from Allienrespawn,my Laptop as for: preserve private document or not - selections....I chose the Yes one,and the process was frozen...

I had to hard reset by power button,and it got stuck just after the allien logo appearance...

Then I read some article,trying to re intall windows 8 via the Dvd came along with my lap.

And when the intall process come,it didnt recognize any HDD:((

Then after some more reading,I went to Bios setting,found out that the setting was RAID ,and my lap come with single HDD,so i switched to AHCI,and then,the install process recognize imy hdd again.

After re intalling,I tried to install Allierespawn once more...

Because i really wanna put my laptop to factory settings>.<

Then after that,allienrespawn still recognize the factory image partition in my lap but it cant recover from it,just after i choose the partition,it asks for restarting,and just boot derictly to windows 8...

I dont know what to do now.Plz help!

• 

2.7K Posts

September 9th, 2014 08:00

I will recommend you to re install windows with the cd, make sure you format all the drives then install all the drivers (you can find them on the support page) and at end install Alienrespawn but there is no need to run it since you had just re install windows from scratch.

No Events found!