Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 10th, 2013 02:00

Graphics card for the X51?

Im looking to upgrade my graphics card on my X51 since it is becoming a bit outdated. But since It is quite a small PC there are of course limitations whoch doesn't allow me to upgrade to eg. GTX 680. So i've done some research and found the Galaxy GTX 670 (http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-GeForce-Express-Graphics-67NPH6DV5ZJX/dp/B007Z33SYA) and it looks pretty good but looking at the price tag i wouldn't want to buy it and find out that it doesn't work with my PC in some way. So i have two questions:

1. Is this graphics card compatible with my PC?

2. Is there any better graphics cards that i can stuff into the X51? (nVidia is preferred though im mostly open to anything)

BTW: Im still only an amateur in building PC's though i have a friend who can help me install it and stuff. So please explain it so i can somehow understand it.
Thank you in advance. 

January 11th, 2013 13:00

We as a team have been working on all these issues one by one, some of them have already been solved, others have been escalated to engineering. Chris M. is working on all this to get them all fixed but it does take time to make it happen. If you are not satisfied or need to escalate an issue that you are currently having please refer to the contacts that we have provided and we'll be glad to help.

January 10th, 2013 09:00

Hello  IAmGrandpaDave,

1. It can be compatible, but engineering haven't test this configuration so is not for sure that it can work on your pc, besides that, you will need a 330W power supply.

2. The highest video card we recommend to use for this machine is the regular model for the nvidia GTX660.

For more information on upgrades send us an e-mail to  alienwareupgrades@dell.com include your service tag, phone number and a brief description of your request.

January 11th, 2013 06:00

Karen,

Please explain to me how engineering can recommend the GTX660 when X51 machines are still being shipped with that configuration and having huge graphics problems?

January 11th, 2013 12:00

Luis,

Perhaps a quick search of this very forum would benefit you. I think the sticky is still the #1 thread... Just sayin'.

All those issues have been verified, escalated and taken care of. If you are currently experiencing an issue please submit it to the e-mail above

Rooster1970,

Not sure what exact issues you are mentioning but if your system is currently having an issue with the GFX card you can contact the Alienware support Team by sending an e-mail to AWCC-Resolution_experts@dell.com

January 11th, 2013 13:00

Luis,

Really? Did you actually read the 29 pages? I have, and it appears to me that you are mistaken.

January 11th, 2013 17:00

I will be writing the upgrade support. Thanks for all of the answers. And i will also have a look on the GTX 660.

Thanks again.

No Events found!