Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 25th, 2016 02:00

HDMI INPUT Alienware M17X R4

so I recently bought a second hand Alienware M17X R4 everything works fine but when I want to plug my xbox one into the HDMI Input slot nothing happens, I don't know if I have to download some kind of software to activate it or activate a command.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 25th, 2016 13:00

Might only work with OS and drivers as shipped. Probably Windows-7/64bit and the posted Dell validated drivers at support.dell.com . Good Luck.

However, I've always wondered why people like to connect Xbox to a small laptop LCD-Panel? Is it because you don't have a TV ? (even a small one)

2 Posts

January 7th, 2017 04:00

i dont quite know what you mean about shipped drivers and the validating of them, im new to alienware or pretty much any kind of PC, and the only reason i want to plug in my xbox is because my tv doesn't have anykind of outputs for sound whatsoever, (soniq 32")

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 9th, 2017 08:00

Hi PeterPie1,

Your XBOX isn't part of the list of compatible devices for this feature unfortunately. It may work intermittently, but since it doesn't work at 100% we did not add it to the list. This said, make sure you press the FN+F8 (External HDMI Input Toggle - to switch between external HDMI input source), but even with that, there's a big possibility that it won't work.

In addition, you can obtain all validated drivers for this computer and the user manual on our website:

http://dell.to/2iVW5p8

No Events found!