Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2015 08:00

Hard Drive problem?

My Alienware x51 is getting blue screen of death after running it for 2-4 hours. Sometime after it restart, while booting up it say unable to connect/ locate/ detect  find hard drive, no until i power down and up again to make it run properly.

my alienware warranty just expired this year, and when i try to request of chat/e-mail... for technical support, it detect my product warranty expired and ask me to select a type of method to request for technical support again (stuck at the loop).

Anyway to resolve this issue ?

Window 7 os
Blue screen of death error: kernel_data_inpage_error

When during reboot another problem. follow is the message
"internal hard disk drive not found to resolve this issue, try to reseat the drive. No bootable devices"

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

September 30th, 2015 13:00

Hi, 

Make sure your system is running the latest Bios firmware, click here for the download link. Try running an ePSA/Diagnostics test on the system. Click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test, let us know if you receive any errors. 

4 Posts

October 1st, 2015 08:00

my alienware is running with the latest bios firmware and i did (4hours)the ePSA/diagnostics no error shown.

Or should i run the ePSA after blue screen of death ?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

October 1st, 2015 16:00

Hi, 

You could try to reseat the Hard Drive like the message states. Click here to view a video that explains how to remove the Hard Drive.

No Events found!