Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2013 08:00

Harddrive installment!

)Hello everyone! My dad has used the Alienware M11x R2 for a few years now, but now he have gotten himself a new one because the HDD didn't work so well, so now he decided to give it to me, that I'm very happy about. But rebooting the system didn't exactly fix it, so now, I've got myself a new harddrive, so here comes my question; What should I be aware of before installing the new one, when I don't have the  <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute Characters removed as per TOU> Windows-reboot-disc thingy. I'm not the best with software, so, is there anyway I can just copy all them files from the old disc and put them on an external harddrive and then later boot from that disc??? Any help appreciated, but so long I still can keep the "special"-software(AlienFX, Live! Central and all that good stuff). Thanks!

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

April 19th, 2013 09:00

Hi fabbaz,

It is possible to back up your system on an external HDD, and then load it in the system, you just need to back up your info using AlienRespawn, but to be able create a back up on the external HDD, you have to upgrade to the Premium version. You'll find a couple of articles below that will help you through the process:

What is AlienRespawn?  

How can I upgrade my AlienRespawn from Basic to Premium?

How to use AlienRespawn?

4 Posts

April 25th, 2013 07:00

Natalia! I've created a copy of my system on an external drive whit AlienRespawn now and installed the new HDD. Everything is installed and "found" by the system but when I try to boot from it, it won't find the "Bootmgr", what is the problem here?

No Events found!