Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 2nd, 2016 00:00

Heeeelp! Keyboard stuffed

Computer is possessed by a poltergiest the keyboard both onboard and external doesnt work the mouse functions both an external and not but the letters an numbers dont work the rest of them

Replaced it 3 months ago due to a device failure in  the first one

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2016 13:00

Hi,

Please reply with the system's model an revision. In the mean time you can update driver and also the BIOS version.

3 Posts

November 3rd, 2016 06:00

Hey,

Model 17 R3 only 3-4 months old replacing previous defunct model

Tried updating BIOS and drivers sort of lets me use it for a short while then craps out

So far when the errors start ive had the following,

1. function keys work but alphabetical keys and numbers dont

2. letter keys trigger function buttons

3. spacebar triggered scrolling and simultaneous tabbing

4. completely non functional keyboard both external and onboard

5. repeated pressive of the letters C and V as if the keys were stuck

The keys for both onboard and external keyboards are perfectly clean and functional themselves

also tried doing a checkup through the support assist it cant find any issues at all there.

Cheers for the response and sorry for the lack of details in the first post had a hellova day and then the computer *** out on me while trying to finish some work out of hours

Also ive tried doing a static purge as suggested but without opening the case as i would probably end up accidentally damaging it and voiding the warranty

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 3rd, 2016 09:00

It seems like the keyboard, keyboard cable or motherboard slot where the keyboard is connected to may be the cause of the issue. We'd like to help out with an in-warranty replacement (via onsite or mail-in depending on your current warranty). Please send me a private message with your DELL service tag.

3 Posts

November 5th, 2016 16:00

Did you get that PM or shall I post it here mate?

No Events found!