Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2013 15:00

Hello, i hope you can help

i own an alienware laptop.  Model: Alienware M17X R3

Service Tag:
I got hit with a virus, and find that i cannot do a system restore because i never got a restore disk, and i cant access the respawn feature or its been corrupted as well.  How can i restore my new machine to the factory state.  Please help.  my email is
This was not a cheap computer and should have come with sufficient software on a disk to restore it.

5 Posts

December 29th, 2013 16:00

I tried that they say my computer is out of warranty, so they wont send me the software that i never got to start with.  that sucks, and since i figured that would be dells stance, and you are known to be crooks anyway,  i am glad i havent paid but about half of what i owe to dell financial because now i will never pay whats due on this computer.  there are other ways to get it fixed.

The software would have been much cheaper for you.

1.2K Posts

well  first off if   it came with windows 7 you can download it from digitalriver (Microsoft authorized )  just make  sure get proper version... then burn it..

second you can enter your  service tag on dell's website and get all drivers in  support section ... again and burn to dvd

if your  typing on here means    u got access to do so..

also off topic.. dell financial has nothing to do  with dell to be  honest  its just useless credit for poor people.. like easyfinancial or city (bank) financial...  I use to work  for a bailiff repoing dell's  back in 2004   trust me it  not something u wanna default on :O

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

It actually did come with the software - you must make a recovery disc when you receive the system.  If you did not, you will need to contact Dell for the recovery media.  In the US,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/476.2-0-requesting-a-microsoft-windows-reinstallation-cddvd-from-dell.aspx

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

December 29th, 2013 18:00

no no no, this isn't a warranty issue, a Win 7 reinstall Dvd is free, you have to pay 10 bucks or so to have it shipped. Call Alienware, give them your service tag/express id #, tell them you need your free Alienware Win7 Multi-Language reinstall dvd & pay to ship it. Otherwise, Alienware Win7 dvd's are for sale on eBay ...

No Events found!