Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2009 19:00

Help...What is the delay for?

Hello, I bought a Aurora on oct 19th and it was going to be delivered on fri the 13th of nov. (maybe thats a good thing its not coming on that day).  but it has been delayed by a part. my salesman at alienware cant find any info on it. now it has a ship date on dec 8th. has anyone out there found out anything or know anything about was is causing the delays? thanks for any help.....

27 Posts

November 11th, 2009 21:00

I think there is a shortage of parts.  Especially if you ordered ATI Radeon 5870 crossfires, and the Alienware TactX Keyboard(comes with the Aurora ALX system.)  these 2 parts are supposedly back-ordered and in very high demand.

November 12th, 2009 00:00

yeah it took mine an aweful long time too, this is d3lusiional from before. but mine finally got here think it was the 5870's wich is causing the delays and or the keyboard also like  poster above said. it will get there though just takes forever seems like hopefully you won't have any other delays though.

5 Posts

November 12th, 2009 02:00

My Aurora ALX was supposed to be shipped on Nov. 18th.
As every day I checked the order status 5 mins ago, and now it says "12th. dec."

I have no other computer to use in the meantime, so I really have to think of what to do, waiting another month is just not an option for me.
I am going to call dell and ask WHY it is delayed that much myself, but yeah, I guess it's because of the radeon 5870 too.

November 12th, 2009 06:00

I ordered just the Aurora not the alz version and I didnt order the alienware tactx keyboard or the 5870. The only upgrade was the bluray burner and the hard drive. The sad thing is that the alienware web site says if you order a sytstem today it will ship out on dec 2? hard to believe that they are prepared for the holiday season ahead.

27 Posts

November 12th, 2009 07:00

Hey d3lusiional1

I have a few very important questions.  What date did you order your Aurora and when exactly did you receive it?  Did you get the ALX or regular Aurora?

Which Intel i7 processor did you buy?  There is supposedly a HUGE HUGE problem with the Motherboards not being able to overclock these processors.  Have you had any success overcloking your Aurora?  Please check out this very important thread:

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19301925.aspx

This is a very serious concern. Please read and get back to us Aurora and prospective Aurora owners.

27 Posts

Robotto,

No worries.  I spoke to the Order/Parts manager and she said the Dell MG900 is in fact the TACTX Mouse.  It's a glitch on their part and they can't fix it. Rest assured, you are getting the TACTX Mouse.

9 Posts

I ordered the Aurora ALX the same day you did and my order is on the truck somewhere between here and the local FedEX. I ordered mine with  2 Nvidias and the alienware monitor. The TactX keyboard is on this order as well as the free headset.

The only problem I see is like others have reported, they substituted the Dell 900 mouse for the AW tactX mouse.  I'll just wait til the shipment arrives to see what that is all about.

11 Posts

November 27th, 2009 05:00

Hi,

I bought an Area 51 ALX with ATI Radeon 5870 Crossfire and TactX keyboard and mouse from Alienware.
My order was dated on November 13 and the delivery was on November 25 !  I never thought about such a rapid handling and I'm suprised and happy . 
Maybe it's different in several countries - I'm living in Germany and my Area 51 was built in Poland.

No Events found!