Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2014 10:00

Help me

So I have an Alienware m17x r4 just got it about 2 years ago coming close to 3. So the problem.... I turn on my computer and it turns on but it's black screened, the black light is on the key board lights and everything but I can't see anything. I have tried everything dell says to do: 1)Turn of the system and take out the cord and battery. hold the power button for 30 seconds and let go, waiting 2-3 minutes before putting the battery back in and powering in on. This did not do anything. 2)Turn on the computer and hold the D key and see if the lights come up. They do come on and it allowed my computer to turn on one I clicked power again but when running Alienware autopsy my computer goes to the blue screen of death. I tried this several times and got the same thing. 3) Lastly it said to reset my computer to factory condition which I did using the CD. It turned on but no network would show up so I put the software from dell for my computer on a flash drive and put it in mines and it worked but when checking for updates nothing would show up so I had to manually do some. After about an hour of the i turned off my computer and back on and it tells me I have 116 update which I instal or try to, one update wouldn't go through and I got the code 80070103. So I turn of the computer for the update and when I turn it on my computer pops up a warning screen the my hard drive is full. I never filled it before with everything I had and now I only had updates on it.

5 Posts

November 18th, 2014 11:00

Having SAME PROBLEM with DELL M6600 Precision Laptop.   Laptop Froze yesterday  so I installed the Microsoft Updates  and then ran ESET antivirus  complete scan with the option to shut down the computer

When I awoke this morning computer seems to be running but  have completely BLACK SCREEN  nothing will revive it.  Hard drive did not appear to be on so I cut it off and on and off  leaving it off for 2 minutes then restart it.

Hard Drive appears to be doing something but still have absolute BLACK SCREEN.   this is on a Win 7 machine with all the updates installed.  WTF is MSFT doing?     Look on line with and old XP  laptop and it says Microsoft released some bad software last week..

Microsoft warns of BAD SCHANNEL update something to do with SSL/TLS encryption KB 2992611

MS14-066: Vulnerability in SChannel could allow remote code execution: November 11, 2014

All of them say they can be accessed by AnDROID, IPAD  or IPOD.. but not by PC ACCESS....

Iam an accountant I am  REQUIRED to have Microsoft Access for my computers to communicate with IRS , SSA  and other ONLINE  STATE  GOVT AGENCIES..

ANOTHER MICROSOFT FAUX PAS...

5 Posts

November 19th, 2014 01:00

In additon to this check your Video Card/Motherboard .... If you are seeing funny lines  jagged edges check for latest Video driver.

Cut off computer  then hold down D key , then Power on Laptop. This is  DELL Video test for bad Video card. If you see colors flashing; then you may have one... (Hope your system is still under warranty!!)  If  not you may need a new video card or Motherboard....

5 Posts

November 19th, 2014 01:00

Another thing you might try is hooking your laptop to  a  External Monitor to see what type of picture your sending out and if black  screen extends to the OUTPUT  video as well.   Also using another monitor attached to yours allows you to run Diagnostic test from SAFE MODE  if Video Card is still functioning

No Events found!