Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2013 12:00

How would I run Alien Respawn from a different computer using the HDD as an external?

How would I go about doing that?  I have access to the HD, but my M17x wont boot it.  I can see the hard drive and explore the files on any other computer though.  I just cannot boot it at the moment.  Also, for any images that were made during my use of the computer, where would they be located on the HD?

That's it, here's the image of my issue when I have the HDD connected to the Alienware M17x R4.

http://grab.by/r53c

Let me know your thoughts!  Basically I want to be able to use the external drive (originally the internal of my M17x R4) and use that to make a system image, if not for the whole thing, at least for the hard drive, if that 's possible.  Thank you.

(Please dont tell me I can move the files manually, that's not what I'm asking.)

Jeremy

Also, it should be noted, that I had access to the GRUB booter prior to this.  I no longer have that, nor can I boot from my linux live flash drive.  Also, changing the hardrive to the 2nd bay did nothing as well.

• 

2.7K Posts

October 11th, 2013 14:00

Hello Eyekantbeme!

On this article you will find how to use the command center and it features, it might help you. 

I will recommend you to run a PSA diagnostic just to make sure that is not a hardware issue. 

21 Posts

October 11th, 2013 15:00

Great, thank you.  I see so I use the command center to access alien respawn and some of the other tools?  I could do that directly from the harddrive and without having to do it on the actual M17x, which as I said, does not boot?  Okay, well, I'm going to access command center now and see if I can create an image of the HD from that.  Thank you, will report back, shortly.

21 Posts

October 13th, 2013 10:00

Great......I figured it out.  I had to get into terminal and do a bootsec.exe command and them a bootsec.exe /FixMBr command as well as a bootsec.exe /FixBoot command.  It was pretty easy, I had to access a windows repair disc to get access to terminal through their repair options.  Thanks everyone!

Woops......that's in relation to a boot issue I had.  Sorry, thought I made a post asking about that issue.  Well it was solved, by bootrec.exe and bootrec /fixboot and bootrec /fixMBR.   Thanks anyways!

No Events found!