Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2014 00:00

I am suffering from consumer IR device right now..

I have an Alienware M17xR4

this morning, I faced crash once and return then it crashed again and again and again..

so I entered safe mode and checked device manager and found The error about code 31 from Consumer IR device so I deleted it without any searching....

after all, I am re-installing all my stuff 3 times and strolling to find that driver....

plz somebody help me...

• 

2.7K Posts

January 2nd, 2015 08:00

If you check in the device manager are you missing any driver?

Are you still having the crashes? 

IR is related to infrared and we don’t have any driver for that so it might be something installed by windows updates but if the system is working properly I wouldn’t worry about it. 

13 Posts

January 2nd, 2015 19:00

Thank you for reply me.

Yes I still have this problem and barely can post.

At the first time, this laptop was going to suddenly turned off with blue screen then couldn't access to normal mode just safe mode. so I checked whats wrong and the device manager said "Consumer IR device got crushed and the error code was 31. If you search it, there is heaps ppl says can only access safe mode just like me.

The worse thing is I can only start up in safe mode and it goes turned off within 5 min. So I cant try to re install OS at all...

and I tried to buy extra warranty but its pre-owned and I don't have the ownership now and can not contact with the guy.

If you can send me the factory install image for <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>, its my service tag, I would be very happy.

• 

2.7K Posts

January 6th, 2015 07:00

If the system is shutting down then it could be overheating, try to clean the fan and maybe put some more thermal paste.

Then it will be great if you can boot from the windows CD to reinstall windows, if you don’t have the cd you can try to request it in this website but the system needs to be under your name and under warranty.  

January 6th, 2015 10:00

whats the hardware ID of the device that is in device manager? Try googling a portion of that to find out if maybe it mistaking that piece of hardware for something else and installing the incorrect driver?

No Events found!