Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2015 12:00

I believe Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 killed...

my Aurora R3 Command Center.  When I get a chance later today I will follow the knowledge base steps for reinstalling Command Center and seeing how that goes. That update just landed recently and right after rebooting after the update Command Center went haywire.  The problem is the exact same as with the .NET framework 4.5.  Thermal doesn't work right, Alien Fx doesn't work right, and then I get the common error messages.  Has anyone else that has updated to 4.5.2 had the same issue?

131 Posts

January 18th, 2015 02:00

So far no luck on fixing this.  Lights come on fine but thermals do not work and I can't adjust lights in FX.  I've uninstalled .NET and reinstalled and I have the same problem every time. 

97 Posts

January 18th, 2015 06:00

Has anyone else that has updated to 4.5.2 had the same issue?

everything seems to work fine over here with AlienFX, except I don't have an Aurora

131 Posts

January 18th, 2015 10:00

It is weird.  The theme I was running before it messed up is still running until the software conflict locks it up.  It's as if Command Center has no idea anything is wrong until I try to run command center.  I've went back to factory, uninstalled .NET and reinstalled, uninstalled Command Center and reinstalled....I'm not having any luck.  Funny thing is I can uninstall command center and my lights work fine but my problem is I can't adjust the fans. 

131 Posts

January 20th, 2015 21:00

Still have not been able to figure this out yet.  If I don't try to open up Command Center the lights will run my old theme like nothing is wrong but temps do not work at all.  It had to be the Windows Update that caused this.  It was working fine before them.  If I try opening command center I will get the problem in device manager to show up.  I can't seem to fix that though.  No matter what I try. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 20th, 2015 23:00

What version of Windows?

What version of Command Center are you running?

131 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 01:00

Command Center is 2.8.9.0. It is the most recent version listed in the drivers section for my R3.  The windows version is 8.1.  I followed the knowledge base directions but uninstalling everything and even moving it back to factory has not helped.  Tesla it is almost as if the board that controls the FX lights doesn't realize there is a problem as FX runs the theme I had running even after a factory reinstall.  I have also tried unplugging the machine and doing a "dead boot"  but still no luck.  If I don't try to access command center it runs normally with the old theme.  Crazy stuff. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 22nd, 2015 01:00

CC v2.8.9.0 is the last version compatible with Win-7. It is not Win8 or 8.1 compatible. For that, you need a 3.x desktop release. Just pretend like you have an Aurora R4, and get the latest version ... I think it's v3.6.x or something.

Clean install it (uninstall old, reboot, install new, cross-fingers, all that).  [:)]

Yes, MIO-Board can do whatever it wants ... it's got it's own CPU, ram, etc. ... it's an independent machine. You just send it "suggestions" via internal USB cable. [:)]

131 Posts

January 23rd, 2015 00:00

I screwed up Tesla the R3 has Windows 7....it is my newer Area 51 that has the 8.1.  So sorry about that.  It's Windows 7 which is updated to the latest version. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 23rd, 2015 01:00

I screwed up Tesla the R3 has Windows 7....it is my newer Area 51 that has the 8.1.  So sorry about that.  It's Windows 7 which is updated to the latest version. 

Ok, no problem.
Follow my post here. Test it, Power Dissipate, and then clean install CC v2.8.9.0 on Win7 desktop.

131 Posts

January 23rd, 2015 18:00

I'm getting a device Initialization Error. UUTUSBTM - DEVICE_INITIALIZATION_FAILURE User must reattach unit on HUB port 4 and re-start test.

Inside the Custom Test section I rain test on System Board, System Management (SMBIOS), and Fans and all received check marks.  I didn't see anything that said MIO board.  So now I'm going to give the other part of your directions a try.

131 Posts

January 23rd, 2015 19:00

Still no luck.  I'm still getting the error and it is still stuck on the old theme.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 23rd, 2015 20:00

1. I'm getting a device Initialization Error. UUTUSBTM - DEVICE_INITIALIZATION_FAILURE User must reattach unit on HUB port 4 and re-start test.

2. I didn't see anything that said MIO board. 

1. Sounds like it can't find the MIO-Board.

2. Ya, that's bad.

131 Posts

January 23rd, 2015 23:00

Then I'm guessing I need a new MIO-Board?  The crazy thing is the lights still work.  The only thing that concerns me is I can't control the fans.  I have noticed though when heat picks up in the system they do increase speed.  I would almost say it is stuck in that "loop".  Had to be the Windows update that killed it though.  It had been fine up until then. 

So I'm still under warranty.  What is the best way to handle this? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

So I'm still under warranty.  

Oh, so no problem. Call phone support, you all will do a little troubleshooting, and they should come and replace it.

It not being detected outside of Windows in DellDiags is the main indicator.

Could be, but my guess is that it was just a coincidence.

131 Posts

Could you make heads or tails of that Error?  Do you know if that was referencing the board? 

UUTUSBTM - DEVICE_INITIALIZATION_FAILURE User must reattach unit on HUB port 4 and re-start test.

No Events found!