Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 10th, 2011 06:00

I need an explanation on why Dell cancelled my order!!!

Hi, I need a good explanation on WHY did Dell cancelled my order that is already in progress? And WITHOUT any email or phone call!!! 

My order is Alienware M14x.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 10th, 2011 07:00

We cannot answer that here. You need to contact Order Support and ask them. Just a note, all caps is not needed to get our attention.

June 13th, 2011 18:00

Unfortunately, I do not think you will ever get one--or at least you won't want to go to the trouble of finding out.  I ordered a dell outlet laptop two years ago (an M1530, I think), got an order confirmation, and then didn't hear anyhting for two weeks and couldn't track anything online. Called Dell support (in India), who kept passing me around until someone could even verify that, yes, I did place this order.  But they were just the person who could confirm I placed the order--they weren't the person who could tell me why it was cnacnelled.  So they transferred me to another twenty people over the next fifty-two minutes.  The last person I spoke with told me that my order was being handled by "Lisa" and that could tell me why my order was cancelled, but that she was gone for the day.  I suggested that, perhaps--in a company of over 100k people--some other employee might be able to give me the reason, but the person on the phone assured me there was no one else.  At that point I think I had a stroke, so I just hung up the phone and ordered the thing again.

Don't waste your time.  If you have a cancellation notice, print a copy of it and reorder the product.

--Hank

1 Message

July 20th, 2016 16:00

Did you get it eventually? my order has been cancelled too, no e-mail/ phone-call.

Alienware is expensive it's a shame.

No Events found!