Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2013 13:00

I recently reset my x51 to its original factory settings

I recently reset my x51 to its original factory settings. When I did this it asked for a windows installation disc hitch I put in and was downloaded. After this, I come to my desktop and the only thing that came up was my recycling bin. It was also very zoomed in as we'll and I couldn't connect to the Internet. Please reply, really want my old x51 back :(

2K Posts

July 1st, 2013 21:00

Hi maria upson,

It appears that after the operating system reinstallation some of the drivers are missing. Request you to use the below link and download all the drivers (the ones missing in device manager) by choosing the right operating system:

http://dell.to/14n4Nxn

You may also refer the below link to check the order for installing drivers:

http://dell.to/14LdjVn

If you have any other questions do reply to the same thread.

July 2nd, 2013 00:00

How do i do this, I'm on the link but can't connect to the Internet with my x51 will I be able to do this on another computer and what am I downloading exactly?

July 2nd, 2013 00:00

And also, when I  were asked to fill out details, my Razer keyboard wasn't working and had to refer to the included keyboard much help would be appreciated. And one other thing, the link, do I navigate to drivers and downloads and follow on from there? I inserted the windows 7 hope premium 64 bit but haven't put in the applications cyberlink powere DVD, do I have to use this for it to work again?

2K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 00:00

Hi maria upson,

You will have to use the first link provided by me and move to Drivers and downloads tab. Then select the right operating system. You can expand all the categories, click on download file and download the latest drivers. You may follow the above steps on a different computer then copy on to a flash drive and put it on this computer.

The drivers download is done so that the hardware in the computer can interact with the software. Yes you may use the cyber link power DVD to install the DVD software. Request you to install the mentioned drivers Command Center, Audio, Chipset, keyboard, touchpad, Wi-Fi, optical drive, Host controller and video.

No Events found!