Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2012 12:00

Is it possible to turn off the light from the touchpad in the M14X?

I've tried everything but I can't turn it off, any suggestions? 

104 Posts

July 7th, 2012 12:00

unsure if you can on m14 , but you can on the machines i have below so i would imagine u can on m14x . just change colour to black in alien command center

8 Posts

July 9th, 2012 09:00

Hey Thanks for the reply Schneeball, but you see, everytime  I choose the black color for the touchpad it doesn't do anything and this is the only light I find a little annoying, any suggestions? should I reinstall something?

104 Posts

July 9th, 2012 10:00

i will have a play with one of my laptops and come back to you later

104 Posts

July 9th, 2012 10:00

ok ,

right click on icon ( Alien FX ) on task bar , then

1. Uncheck keep estatus zones on during GO Dark

2. Quick Change > Black

3. Then open the Alien FX Editor, select wifi/caps and put the color you want

that worked for me

8 Posts

July 9th, 2012 22:00

tried that man but still it doesn't work, I think is not possible to turn off the touchpad light in m14x... even when I completely turn off the alien FX everything goes off but the touchpad -___-' the only way I found to do it is to FN+INSERT and this disables the touchpad but I need it xD so is useless :C thanks anywas man C:

July 10th, 2012 11:00

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the command center  . If that does not work then it is not possible unless you disable the touchpad and use an external mouse.

8 Posts

July 10th, 2012 23:00

its alright man, I already contacted alienware support and they said that we can't turn off the light from the touchpad for the m14x, the only way is to disable the touchpad as you said  and I can't do that because I need it, thanks for the help tho

July 11th, 2012 08:00

As expected haha :P. No problem! That's why we are here.

1 Message

September 3rd, 2012 20:00

-HOW TO DO IT-

If you right click on the alien head on the taskbar (probably hidden by default) and hover over Quick Change option and then select black to turn off all lights. After that you can open up the application and just enable the lights you want and the colour you want ignoring zone 8 for the touchpad.

I did this and all the other lights are back to red with the touchpad still black.

1 Message

November 14th, 2013 06:00

Wow I just got the system an the only thing I don't like about it is the touch pad back light. I got the system to edit photos, videos, and run AutoCAD. why would  engineers design such a versatile piece of equipment, but drop the ball on the touchpad. This beacon is very distracting!!!!!!!!!!! how can you guys game with this light taking your attention off the field of play??

Maybe the plan was to cover it with black electrical tape?

No Events found!