Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2017 10:00

Killer 1435 in AW13R3 Dropping Internet Connection

Received my new AW13R3 OLED this week.  Overall the build quality of the device seems to be high, but the software drivers for the 1435 wifi card appear to be of low quality.  

I randomly lose my internet connection where other devices in the house are unaffected.  I have seen similar complaints online from other AW owners.  

So far I have uninstalled the drivers and re-installed with the latest set from the Killer website, this yielded some improvement but I still get drops during large file transfers.  

Have any other Dell or AW owners with this card manage to resolve this issue?

1 Message

February 25th, 2017 18:00

Sadly this is a known issue with the drivers Dell has on their website.

However, Killer Networking recently released a new driver that resolves it.

Find the driver at:

www.killernetworking.com/.../e2200-e2400-wireless

Before installing the killernetworking drivers, uninstall the wifi drivers already on your PC if possible.

Just a note, Killer Networking released the updated driver AFTER the date you originally posted this issue, so you'll see the new driver package on their website dated either Feb 20th or Feb 24th.

79 Posts

February 26th, 2017 07:00

re-install windows 10, after you re-install windows 10 the drivers will be automatically installed (the stable drivers) and you wont have the disconnectivity anymore.

79 Posts

February 26th, 2017 10:00

Why don't you try re-installing the operating system (Windows 10) CLEAN INSTALL, and then see if the problem persists... When you re-install windows, the STABLE killer drivers will be automatically installed with the clean install of windows 10, I assure you that you will NOT have any Killer wifi problems with a fresh clean install of windows 10. I ASSURE YOU. After you install the clean copy of windows 10, before downloading drivers for other hardware from dell support, run the windows 10 update checker make sure to install all windows updates first, then when you are done installing all windows updates, go to NVIDIA.com and install the latest GeForce driver, then go to device manager if you see any hardware that needs drivers to be installed right click on it and click update driver software and let it download drivers automatically from the internet, once done. go to the DELL support website and install the alienware command center, and also install the latest bios if you don't have it installed already.

ALSO VERY VERY VERYYY IMPORTANTLY!!! NOTE:

The Alienware Sound Center is very bugged causing system instabilities including system freezes mouse being slow, stuttering etc.... , it will be installed when you download all windows updates. DISABLE IT and exit the software, after that go to task manager click on startup and disable it from automatically starting when you turn on the computer.

Do everything I told you to do and I PROMISE YOU that YOU WILL HAVE A MUCH BETTER ALIENWARE EXPERIENCE and NO WIFI DROPS/DISCONNECTIVITY !!

11 Posts

February 26th, 2017 10:00

I downloaded the new drivers from the Killer website a few days ago, this seems to have resolved my issue.  

I had already updated the drivers once before the latest update came out to no avail, but this new release appears to have done the trick.

15 Posts

February 26th, 2017 15:00

Thanks!!!! I had the same problem. This seems to have done the trick! Just updated today, I saw the Feb 24 date on the DL page, though I navigated from their (Killer's), support page.

No Events found!