Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2015 08:00

Killer Wireless 1535 disables under heavy load

I just received a brand new 15 R2 in the mail a few days ago, and have had nothing but issues with the wireless. It works fine under normal load IE browsing internet or streaming videos. When I attempt to download a game from steam or push it the signal slowly degrades before the wireless card disables itself. You are then unable to enable the card via hardware switch or right click enable. Any ideas? See video for reference.

I have uninstalled all killer software/drivers, deleted drivers, and reinstalled killer drivers from both killer website and dell.

14 Posts

November 5th, 2015 15:00

Finally got resolution from Alienware. They came and replaced the Killer 1535 with an Intel AC 8260. I am going on two days with zero issues and over 100GB downloaded on my 5Ghz network at around 15MB/s which is what my internet maxes out at. Kudos to Alienware for sending the Intel card next day. They shipped it Tuesday of this week and the technician was at my house Wednesday afternoon. So far so good. Hopefully Killer will resolve the issues 1535 has with Windows 10 and 5Ghz, but unfortunately with an upcoming deployment I don't have the time to wait for it.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

October 26th, 2015 10:00

Hi, 

Go to Device Manager, under the Network category, look for your Wi-Fi module and double click it to open the properties window, there should be a tab called power management, under this tab, look for an option called allow this device to wake the computer and uncheck it if it was checked. Let us know how it goes. 

3 Posts

October 26th, 2015 14:00

Tony,

I work for Rivet Networks on the Killer networking solutions. If you are still having issues with the wireless, we have a support group who would be glad to get more information from you and try to root cause your issue with the Killer Wireless. You can reach them via the Killernetworking.com contact us page, or by emailing killersupport rivetnetworks.com .

Regards,
Ryan
Killer Networking

14 Posts

October 27th, 2015 19:00

I've disabled it. I'll give it a try downloading some large files and see how it does.

14 Posts

October 27th, 2015 19:00

Unfortunately disabling "allow this device to wake the computer" did not resolve the issue. I got about 1/4 through a download on EA Origin before the same thing happened. Signal drops to zero, wireless card disables itself, then will not allow me to re-enable until i restart the computer.

327 Posts

October 28th, 2015 23:00

go to device manager/ right clic on killer wireless 1535/ search for updates/. Windows could find a functionally driver for the wireless

327 Posts

October 28th, 2015 23:00

in the killer application disable the bandwidth control. this can fix it.

14 Posts

October 29th, 2015 06:00

As clearly stated in the original post i have tried the most recent drivers from both killer and dell. When I attempt to use windows to update it tells me I am using the most current version. I have also tried in installing killer software completely and it still does it.

14 Posts

October 29th, 2015 06:00

*uninstalling (even with no killer software installed it still does it. I reinstalled killer suite and disabled this function and it still does it.)

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

October 29th, 2015 11:00

Hi, 

Can you confirm if this happens with several WiFi networks or you have only tested one?

14 Posts

October 30th, 2015 20:00

I can confirm it happens on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network from my Linksys DD-WRT AC1900 as well as our 2.4GHz on a WRT54G.

19 Posts

October 31st, 2015 00:00

I have the exact same problem. It used to happen once a day now it happens often. I would rather have normal wireless card than deal with this nonsense.nonsense. This looks like a heat problem than software problem. It happens often while I am gaming rather than any other time. I haven't downloaded games yet. I just transferred it from my desktop. 

14 Posts

October 31st, 2015 01:00

I spent two days working with the tech support over the phone before they gave up and offered an exchange since it's still in the 30 day window. I'll keep you updated if the new one does the same thing. Fingers crossed...

314 Posts

October 31st, 2015 08:00

The fix for this problem.

1. Download the driver. 

2. Uninstall all the killer software in Programs and Features. Don't restart yet.

3. Go to Device Manager. Right click and choose uninstall Killer E2400 ethernet and Killer Wireless 1535. Don't restart.

4. Go to c:\program files. Or c:\program files (x86). Find Killer folder and delete.

5. REBOOT

6. Install the killer driver file you downloaded.

7. Go to Device Manager. Choose properties Killer Wireless and Killer Ethernet. UNCHECK allow this computer to turn off this device to save power.

I had Killer 1525 on the 17 R2. It's complete trash and Alienware exchanged me for my R3. The 1535 also caused similar situation. At this point I will not get any laptop carrying Killer. I used Intel network card for years without any issue.

202 Posts

October 31st, 2015 11:00

I tried that it still doesn't work.  I go Ethernet when I have anything big to download.  No problem with Ethernet.

No Events found!