Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 9th, 2017 00:00

LC cooling replacement on X51 R3.

Hi,

Please would you be able to tell me how I can order a replacement cooler/fan unit for my X51-r3, which is out of warranty?

The pump is noisy all the time, and the fan is noisy when it spins up too. Using the "contact us" on Dell or Alienware UK sites has given me zero responses. Part number lookup on Dell part finder fails. 3rd party Dell parts suppliers cannot find it.

Alternatively, could you please give me some details on the air cooler for this model? I have a unit from an R1, but the spacing on the mounting holes does not look correct to me.

TIA

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

September 9th, 2017 03:00

Cooling assembly is 5FGKT; if the Sanyo Denki fan is sold separately *shrug*, it is MVDCV

Contact Dell Spare Parts, or GoogleFu 5FGKT & MVDCV. That is all the info I have

eBay / US: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-New-original-DELL-alien-Alienware-X51-R2-R3-water-cooling-radiator-fan-syste-/332369097009?hash=item4d62bdf131:g:~RoAAOSwm-pZrY~K 

***I have no info on differences between these air-cooled models / do not own this computer 

3 Posts

September 9th, 2017 09:00

Thanks very much, although the eBay item was much more expensive than I was imagining. Are you able to tell me whether the R3 air cooler was the same as the R1, or whether there's another part for that?

Many thanks

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

September 11th, 2017 08:00

G0FC5 : Module,Thermal,Fan,Central Processor Unit,LIQUID,X51R3
5FGKT   ASSEMBLY, HEATSINK, LIQUID COOLING, R3

MVDCV is just the fan and may be hard to find.

SANYO DENKI 9BMB12P2J619  SAN ACE 97 x 33 mm

http://www.sanyo-denki.com/sda/data/cooling/catalog/Blower.pdf 

FAN

3 Posts

September 15th, 2017 22:00

Thanks very much.

I understand the Liquid Cooling was optional - would anyone please be able to tell me whether the non-LC option was the same as the cooler from the R1? Or what the part number for this might be?

Thanks a lot  

No Events found!