Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 29th, 2016 10:00

Laptop Hanging

Hello everyone.

I have an Alienware m17x r4. i have had it for four years and its been absolutely great. But from the past three days its been acting vey wierd. On the first out of those three days it would boot up and hang just when it was idle. Then I had to do a hard reset after which it would again boot and then hang in about ten minutes. After three days now i have reinstalled windows and the nvidia video drivers. It will now boot up and allow me to do simple tasks but it will still hang when i try to play a video on vlc media player(my default media player).

Please forgive me if i have made any mistakes. This is the first time I'm posting here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Specs:3rd Gen i7-3740QM 2.7Ghz

nVidia GeForce GTX 675M.

8GB DDR4 Ram

1 TB hard drive.

March 5th, 2016 04:00

Actually after I posted on this community. I reinstalled the nVidia drivers through safe mode again and after all the windows reinstallation that i did and the nVidia drivers also which I had already done but i thought it was worth a shot. Now its been perfectly fine. For the past five days.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 1st, 2016 12:00

Hello, 

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system to check the main hardware components, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. 

No Events found!