Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2015 16:00

Laptop keeps switching to battery power

I have an Alienware 18. Wonderful laptop, but it has suddenly started running on the battery when it is plugged in. I have run the diagnosis tool, changed wall sockets. I have updated my bios, made sure everything was updated. The green light. When i remove the plug from the laptop and plug it back in it shows it's back on AC but after a couple minutes, my screen dims and it's back on battery. I have tried removing the plug from the wall and removing it from the laptop, both with the same result. It's on AC for a couple minutes then back to battery. Any help? suggestions?

11 Posts

January 18th, 2015 07:00

There's an option to conserve the longevity of the battery if your laptop is always plugged in. If you have that enabled, occasionally, the software will switch to battery even if you're plugged in. You can either doable that Faroe or there's a button that you can click to override that "fully charge one time" or something to that effect. Maybe that's what's causing this behavior. 

11 Posts

January 18th, 2015 08:00

"Disable that feature" not "doable that Faroe" :) I should check my spelling (phone auto-suggest sometimes screws up).

1 Message

February 5th, 2015 11:00

Hi

Any upadtes on that issue?

February 26th, 2015 10:00

hi, it happened to me recently and this happens when me playing the games. let me know if you solved it

March 27th, 2015 14:00

hi does it still happen to your laptop? if it isnt can you tell me what caused this issue and ur solution. thanks

2 Posts

March 30th, 2015 16:00

I updated my bios again and it worked!

March 31st, 2015 00:00

hi melina what bios are u using? mine is A14

No Events found!