Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2017 08:00

Lights on refurb Alienware 15 R3 not working!

Hi guys,

Long story short, after buying and returning a damaged refurb Inspiron 7559 I bought a refurb Alienware 15 which arrived yesterday. The machine looks great as I'm assuming the case is new. 

Unfortunately the light strips on the bottom of the laptop do not light up. This makes me nervous as the last laptop I bought had a hardware fault that caused a BSOD and a new motherboard was required.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the command center and have had no luck whatsoever. Does anyone have any advice? This seems like such a minor issue but I was hoping the laptop would be fully functional.

Cheers

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 3rd, 2017 10:00

Hi,

Try all the troubleshooting steps on this article. Perform the steps on the Video: Test your system lights using the AlienFX Tester and check if all lights will work with the test.

If they do, then unistall and reinstall the command center in a proper way following ALL the steps on How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center

Let me know!

6 Posts

March 4th, 2017 06:00

Hi Eimy,

Thanks for replying to my post, I appreciate it.

Unfortunately I seem to get an error when using that first link. When I return home today I will look for the AlienFX tester you mentioned. I think I went through pretty much everything in the software in order to try to trick the system into working but I'm assuming I missed the tester.

If it helps, I actually uninstalled/cleaned the registry/reinstalled Alienware Command Center before posting.

Cheers

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 6th, 2017 09:00

Hey,

Here is a direct link to the AlienFX tester:

http://dell.to/2mNmI2h

Let me know!

6 Posts

March 6th, 2017 12:00

Hi Alienware-Eimy,

I totally forgot to post after trying the fx tester. So I ran the test and the bottom lights still do not activate.

Thanks

6 Posts

March 25th, 2017 06:00

Hi Eimy,

Any further suggestions with this?

6 Posts

April 26th, 2017 03:00

I have just started using this laptop again and I noticed that the front right corner has a gap between the panel where you rest your arms and the main chassis. Does this top panel click into place? I'm assuming it has been like this the whole time but I didn't notice until now. I have tried applying pressure but it just pops up again. This is slowly becoming a bit of a nightmare.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 26th, 2017 09:00

Hi, 

Send me a private message with the service tag, so I can assist you further.

No Events found!