Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2012 12:00

Livid aurora R4 owner

Let me explain, April 12th I received my R4, set it all up, downloaded yahoo, skype, google chrome, wpt poker, toontown for my kids, a program called keep alive which keeps the characters from sleeping, and a program called slotnuts, an online slot machine program, also I downloaded and installed real player, and all requisite updates including office updates and dell updates. 

Later that evening I encountered my first blue screen. So I called dell tech support and they said since it was within the first 21 days they would send a new tower, which I thought was mighty nice of them to do, and agreed to send back the other within the 10 days requested. 

Received second tower just this past Thursday, April the 26th. Went through same exact setup process, installing all previously mentioned programs and updates. Once again, met with the blue screen devil, and again immediately contacted alienware support. After going through epsa preboot diagnostics, hard drive swaps, video card swaps between the identical towers the suggestion was to reformat the computer. 

So with approximately 20 hours of my time invested in troubleshooting, and diagnosing both towers, and my time reformatting both towers, an account manager insults me with a 100 dollar credit offer toward my account when I have next business day on site repair which was not offered, however they were more than happy to remotely connect to both towers and assist while I did the brunt of the work. 

So now I have completely reformatted both computers, and fixed the problems that a computer tech would charge 40.00 bucks an hour for, at the going rate that's about 800.00 for the time I've invested thus far, not including both reformatting, which most places charge100.00 to install an operating system, so I'm looking roughly at a grand in work I've done on their broken systems that field tech should have done, and all they want to do is offer me 100.00 Hmm, not a good customer retention method, as I've long been a fan of Alienware computers. But this certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

So I guess I'm left wondering what recourse I have since I obviously feel cheated of my time and energy. Any suggestions? 

1.2K Posts

April 28th, 2012 13:00

send them both back  get refund and build your own, after this you should no issue buildign one lol

17 Posts

April 28th, 2012 15:00

I don't want a refund, but a 100.00 dollar credit is a slap in the face considering I've fixed both of their machines that were supposed to be in working order when they arrived for one, and for two, having onsite tech support as purchased, their tech should have been putting in the hours, not me. And is my time worth nothing, or is that the measure of their customer service? I'm to the point of contacting corporate to be frank.

4 Posts

April 28th, 2012 22:00

I've had 10 onsite visits and all they seem to do is replace broken parts. No troubleshooting, testing, anything like that. And with the knowledge displayed by those techs I wouldn't want them to try. It's unfortunate but I think that's how it works. Take the credit and be happy they offered anything.

17 Posts

April 28th, 2012 23:00

Well, that may be how it works to them, but I'm now on the second complete reformat of the replacement tower, and beyond angry. So I'm now well over 30 hours of my time making a system they sent work when it should have worked in the first place. That said, I'll have a few things to say to dell come Monday if they want their second tower back.

1.2K Posts

April 29th, 2012 05:00

well if they dont get the tower back in 10 roughly days expect calls nonstop allday then a letter from collection with a summons for court.... i know cause i sent my second replacement M17X R2 a little slow (9thday) which they have tracking # and can verify but rather make my life  instead. anyway. lol

send em both back buy something else as i said, this is just the start of nothing but headaches that you read on these forums and honestly with IVY bridge just released you can get the newer intel cpu instead of the old one you got now.

17 Posts

April 29th, 2012 12:00

They will get the original tower back but I've some additional avenues to take to seek redress of this issue. So we'll see what pans out as it were and I'll let you know.

No Events found!