Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2016 08:00

Looking for an ISO for my m11x R2

Edit : after some researches, I figured out two things :

- my exact Windows version is "421-1403 : Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, FRENCH" (thanks to the service code).

- the problem could be that my license is for a W7 without SP1.. but I can't find a legit image anywhere. Is there a way for Dell/Alienware to provide me an ISO of that particular OS ?

Thanks

Hi, i've bought an used m11x  a few years ago, before moving to France.

It has been upgraded with a SSD, worked great until last week.
SSD died, so I changed it for a standard HDD.
But now.. I have not the restoration partition anymore, and I never had the restoration DVD.
The only thing I still have is the 7 Home Premium license sticker.
x86 or x64 ? I don't remember and the sticker is not really readable anymore (but I still have the licence number, luckily the last owner writed it on some manual provided with the computer).
I tried to get a Dell OEM Win 7 (x64) iso, but serial still don't work. I'm about to try with a x86 but I'm pretty sure it won't work.
French Dell support said me that as I live in France now and the computer have been bought from Canada there's no support for me.

So what now ? Its there anywhere I can get an Alienware/Dell image for my laptop ? 

I don't want to :

- buy a new licence as I already have one for that particular computer.

- use a Windows Alienware image coming from some torrent site because probably messed up.

- being charged for a DVD coming from the USA or anywhere else.

Please.

3 Posts

June 6th, 2016 11:00

I tried. Roughly, "no support for you in France".

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

You can try contacting Dell support in France directly and ask if they still have media available for this unit.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 7th, 2016 07:00

The only other thing that we can recommend is to try this Media request link. If that does not work then you would need to purchase new media.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 7th, 2016 09:00

Edit : after some researches, I figured out two things :

- my exact Windows version is "421-1403 : Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, FRENCH" (thanks to the service code).

- the problem could be that my license is for a W7 without SP1.. but I can't find a legit image anywhere. Is there a way for Dell/Alienware to provide me an ISO of that particular OS ?

Thanks

SP1 or not doesn't change license.

You can download and burn win10.iso to flash drive. While too old to be validated by Dell, it should work either 100% or good enough.

If you have Microsoft Windows CoA sticker on machine you can use that serial key to Activate as Genuine. Even without that, skip key on install and see if Win10 will Activate later on its own.

3 Posts

June 19th, 2016 05:00

OK.

The problem was that one of the almost erased letter was a "K" and not a "X"............
My Win7 is now activated.
Thanks guys.

No Events found!