Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2015 23:00

Looking to game

I'm looking to buy a laptop or desktop.  I am stuck on xps or alienwear.  I dont know what will play games on highest settings and not lag. Will a alienwear laptop be as good as a desktop. I am planning on spending about 2500 and plan on keeping the pc for 2-3 years.

131 Posts

January 23rd, 2015 23:00

XPS use to be Dell's gaming computer but I don't think they make gaming computers anymore.  Alienware has always been about gaming computers and was bought by Dell sometime in the 00's.  I think you definitely want Alienware.  I bought an Alienware (second choice from left on alienware website)  and it has been fine for gaming.  No problems at all with anything I have thrown at it.  Only thing I changed was the warranty. 

4 Posts

January 24th, 2015 07:00

Would I get the same power from a alienwear laptop that I would get from a desktop. Do you suggest a model that is good

4 Posts

January 24th, 2015 09:00

Should I wait mid year for better products are the laptops as powerful as the desktops

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 24th, 2015 16:00

There are high-end laptops and low-end desktops. It depends on what components are installed in each.

But as a general rule, almost never are laptops faster. They are built for portability.

Gaming desktops are built for powerful performance.

In the current Alienware line ... I don't really consider the Alpha a desktop. The X51 is barely one. Area51-R2 is a real gaming desktop. Auroras were also.

131 Posts

January 27th, 2015 02:00

I don't have much experience with laptops but I have owned an Aurora R1 and still own an Aurora R3 and Area 51 R2...I would go the desktop route with an Area 52....Not a ton of difference in the options except a few things like Blu Ray Drive or SLI Cards....

No Events found!