Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2016 11:00

M11X failed booting "No bootable device" Question

Hello folks,

Was working on my laptop over the weekend when I random blue-screened. No previous problem in the few years of owning it, other than display flickers due to loose connection. On attempting to boot again I get this:

IMG_2792.JPG

After a little googling I found that it's often recommended to check if the harddrive is loose, so I opened it up, disconnected, reconnected, and placed it back in. This was just the hardrive itself, the easiest thing to access. I didn't do anything relating to the motherboard. The issue still was not resolved. Here is the harddrive as detected:

IMG_2805.JPG

Any boot sequence:

IMG_2806.JPG

Any ideas? I'm usually pretty good about backing up to a cloud but I have a few days of unsaved work on the hard drive. If it isn't obvious I'm only moderately tech-literate, but any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 14:00

At this point, I would probably move forward with repairing or replacing the system.

You can save the existing (un-modified) hard-drive for later attempted data recovery. For DIY or semi-pro, you could test the old HDD in other computer or on USB interface/enclosure.

Going the other way, you could try a spare HDD/SSD in this machine. Seek qualified computer technician if this is mission-critical and you need professional help.

No Events found!