Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2014 12:00

M14x R2 Shuts Off when moved while unplugged

Hey guys, I could not find any satisfactory answers to the very annoying problem that I have been having with my M14x. Basically anytime I move my laptop while it is unplugged there is a high chance that it will turn off. No sounds or nothing. Now, I have done every diagnostic I could do, and even followed through with the steps to drain power from the system and then putting the battery back in. Below are some of the symptoms that I have been experience as of late at the same time that this problem began to occur. 1. When starting up my laptop, half the keyboard AlienFX display dimmer than the rest (left side) 2, Often, the computer will not recognize my AC adapter that came with it, giving me the message "plugged in, not charging". (could be unrelated due to the fact that this seems like a common problem) My belief is that it could be a loose component but that does not explain why it only occurs when it is unplugged. Thank you for the assistance

• 

2.7K Posts

January 7th, 2014 14:00

Hello GokuforPope!

Have you tried to flash the BIOS to the latest version?

If you open the bottom cover do you notice any part that could be lose maybe?

February 24th, 2014 18:00

Hi i presume this is an old post but i have the same issue. I have tried the solution that was put up and i still have the same issue. IT's not even when i am running an intensive application(it happened today while running excel is power saver mode). I have the current bios update for the motherboard, battery , and cpu or whatever. I found that in the post about this issue. I am not a super large fan of bios updates but this is becoming unbearably to be afraid to unplug my laptop for gods sake it is a laptop it is meant to be portable not corded. I am sorry for this but it sucks. I please hope to an answer to this issue soon. About the back i had had a screw fall of the back plate but i fixed it. I have been into it once for this issue. Unplugging draining power then charging( told the first thing to do in case of this issue. Nothing lose inside the machine. I have run a myriad of system checks to make sure everything is fine with my laptop and it is. 

1 Message

February 24th, 2014 20:00

I have a similar problem, however it is only happening if i carry the laptop (open) with my left hand in the corner below keyboard and left of trackpad. I assume it is causing the case to flex. If I carry with equal weight on the left and right it does not die.

February 26th, 2014 17:00

I have never had that issu(i most of the time have it one a cooling pad) becuase i have a desk and i want it angled

No Events found!