Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2012 19:00

M14x glue on rubber things on the screen

Hey I've had my M14x for a few days now and I noticed when I closed my laptop, there was like glue coming off of the rubber things that stop the screen from  touching the keyboard and it got all the edges of the laptop and a bit on the screen. I spent like so many hours last night and this afternoon trying to clean all the sticky glue off. I think I got most of it off but it was such a pain.

Is this normal to happen on an alienware? it just seems like whoever glued those rubber things on just lathered glue all over then and stuck them on

8 Posts

July 10th, 2012 22:00

man that is not normal AT ALL you should call alienware for support, we have 24 hours customer service :P so if I was you I would call ASAP

July 10th, 2012 23:00

Also, on the right side of my laptop, above the optical drive, the plastic part doesnt seem to be attached and it moves easily. Is this not normal too?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 11th, 2012 10:00

Was the M14x purchased from the Dell Canada New system site or the refurbished site?

July 11th, 2012 14:00

Hey Chris thanks for the reply, i purchased this as a new system from Dell Canada

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 11th, 2012 17:00

Ok. Contact Dell Canada Technical Support (1-800-387-5757, 1 for English, 3 for technical support, 2 for notebook). I would not let them try to "fix" it via an onsite service. Since it is new, ask for a like for like system exchange. You will keep the current system until the new replacement arrives.

July 11th, 2012 18:00

Okay I called and they are sending me a replacement system, I hope the new one doesnt have any problems. Thank you!

No Events found!