Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2012 22:00

M14x

I just rebooted my alienware and i need some help with getting it back to its factory settings with everything that it came with when i recieved it

803 Posts

September 24th, 2012 00:00

Well, once the operating system is re-installed manually the factory restore partition will be deleted. We can install AlienRespawn again but not sure if it will work.

To download AlienRespawn: http://dell.to/Q8BUAH

803 Posts

September 23rd, 2012 23:00

Hi friedrice510,

The Alienware m14x has an option called Alienware Re-spawn which allows you to restore the system to factory settings. Back up all your data, files, pictures etc on an external hard drive or discs before you restore. The below given link has the information on how to use Alienware Re-spawn: http://dell.to/GCNr5q

Please reply if you have any further questions.

September 23rd, 2012 23:00

I did try this before i installed it and everything but it'll just bring me to the advanced settings menu and when i choose to repair it. It doesn't show me the alienware respawn option

803 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Please try the Re-spawn option outside windows operating system.

1. Restart the system

2. On the Alienware Logo screen, press F8 several times to access the Advanced options menu.

3. Choose “Repair your computer” and press “Enter”.

4. Select your keyboard language and the click “Next”

5. User name and password may be required, enter the login information and then click “Ok”

6. At the System Recovery Options choose “Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup” or “AlienRespawn Restore and Emergency Backup”

7. click “Preserve new or changed files before restoring to selected System Back” then click “Next”.

8. Click “Yes, continue” and then “Next”.

9. A progress bar will move forward through the process once it reaches 100% click “Restart”.

If the operating system was re-installed manually using the Windows operating system disc, the re-spawn option will be deleted/removed.

Please reply with the results.

O I see the problem now I restarted windows manually using the operating disc is there any way i can repair it or anything?

No Events found!