Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2012 21:00

M14xR1 Sound issue. clashing??

hello.

For a while, my sound has been ok, except periotically, I get this "brrgghhzzzzhhhh" noise.

used to happen in Youtube abit. but now its happening alot in Counter Strike GO!..

it slows my whole machine down for about 2 seconds...

I think I have the most current drivers, so am not really sure what causes it.

3.3K Posts

September 23rd, 2012 23:00

Hi b3nje909,

Connect external headphones/Speakers and check if the crackling noise could be heard.

I recommend, disable Audio enhancements. Below steps would help you in disabling Audio enhancements. 

1. Click the Windows icon in the lower-left corner and then click “Control Panel”. The “Control Panel” window will open on the screen.
  2. From the “Control Panel” window, click the “Hardware and Sound” link.
  3. From the “Hardware and Sound” options, click the “Manage audio devices” link under the “Sound” section. The “Sounds” window will display on the screen.
  4. Select the device you want to change the audio enhancements for, and then click the “Properties” button in the lower-right corner. The properties window will display on the screen.
  5. Click the “Enhancements” tab at the top, and then disable any audio enhancement you don’t want to enable by unchecking the enhancement and clicking “Apply”. You can disable all audio enhancements by checking the “Disable all enhancements” checkbox and then clicking apply.
  6. Click “OK” to close the properties window.
  7. If you want to disable enhancements for other audio devices, repeat steps 4-6 for other devices.

Also, update the drivers from the below mentioned link: 

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/alienware-m14x?driverId=16G79&osCode=W764&fileId=2731100115

Let me know if this helped.

No Events found!