Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2010 11:00

M15x & 370 bluetooth Module

Hi guys,

im new here so be nice ..please!! I received my Alienware M15x yesterday.  All is well except I think the bluetooth modul is missing. It was listed in the spec' online when I bought it but it's not showing in device manager, there is no icon for it anywhere in Windows ( ive done a search for it and found nothing) . i downloaded the 370 drivers from the dell site and the installation asked me to turn on the bluetooth via the radio button but when I do all it does is turn the wifi off. I went into the bios and the bluetooth shows as enabled in there.

Has anyone any idea whats going on with this? I have a bluetooth mouse and headset so I really need it too work. i haven't phsyically opened the system and looked for the module because Im terrified of breaking it especially since you have to remove the palm rest to check it.

Cheers,

Sch3cter

3 Posts

August 6th, 2010 15:00

bump,

i have the same exact problem, you solved yours? i have a usb bluetooth reciever but i mean why should i have to use that when it said this laptop has internal

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 8th, 2010 18:00

Go into the Bios- Advanced. Do you see Bluetooth Receiver? Is it Enabled?

3 Posts

August 9th, 2010 09:00

yeah, i see it. and it's enabled. even tried disable/enable, but nothing. right now i have this ugly bluetooth usb dongle sticking out. annoying. thought this would be working right out of the box. calling support right now but it seems like they busy cause i've been waiting for a while now.

3 Posts

August 9th, 2010 09:00

i mean i havent missed something have i? i didnt pick the dell bluetooth as an accessory when ordering and configuring my M15x cause the specs said it has bluetooth. i see bluetooth in the bios as well so.

25 Posts

August 9th, 2010 10:00

I went through a similar problem with my XPS M2010 after updating from XP --> Win7.  AFAIR you will not see Bluetooth enabled in BIOS if the module is not present.  That was an issue I had - module was installed but not registering.

My issue had to do with having Toshiba stack drivers on my machine and they were interfering with Win7 (and Vista) drivers.  Tech supoprt could not troubleshoot and sent out a tech to replace H/W.  That did not solve it and somehow I ended up with this solution which is humorous because it is from M17x-R2 knowledge base. 

This probably does not apply to your issue, however if you do not get a solution from Tech support look at this page which may lead you to the other BT pages for the 370:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?journalid=303833&docid=303833

27 Posts

August 9th, 2010 12:00

Sch3cter,

I have a new M15X and just did the same as you, nothing in device manager but enable in BIOS. I was about to start jumping up and down and getting on the phone to the sales guy that sold me the machine.

However I had a quick look around and think i found what we've been missing; in the bottom right corner click on the hidden icons up arrow, you should see a red a blue bluetooth symbol. Click it and it will ask you to turn it on, just got min up and running. Check it out, you might get lucky.

Cobbie.

26 Posts

August 9th, 2010 14:00

I agree with cobbie... I've an M15X and I had the exact same problem... just turn the red icon in the notification area ON and you are good to go...if your laptop is still in the default factory loaded setup that is....  It just need turning on and you can access its properties..... or you can download the driver from Dell's site and it'll overwrite the older ones and it'll start working without any  problems.......

No Events found!